Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Trouble brewing in the collection.

topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

My CAC coins have begun bullying the unbeaned ones. I wasn't aware until this morning when I caught a little half dime taunting an unstickered double Eagle.
I did send the half dime to timeout but it just sat there smirking.

I don't know how much longer I can keep them in the same box. :s

Comments

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

Luckily it was not the CAC Mascot :smile:

https://youtu.be/EJ3QAjuX83A

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2019 8:30AM

@topstuff, I know what you mean, as I’ve had this happen in my collection quite significantly over the years. The only true answer is to succumb, which I did. So now, to avoid all fighting, every coin in my collection eligible for a CAC has one. Bullying no longer occurs, and they all get along fine. :D

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hmmm... this is an issue. Perhaps you should send that misfit half dime to me for sensitivity and awareness training! ;)

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,758 ✭✭✭✭✭

A hostile work environment, you had better resolve this quick!

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    ctf_error_coinsctf_error_coins Posts: 15,433 ✭✭✭✭✭

Since I only like one sticker per slab, I opted to put on a single SKU numbered sticker instead of any bean.

My collection / inventory is uniform and happy together.

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

See, I have a different problem. My non-sticker coins walk around with a huge attitude and chip on their shoulder. Really though, I think they have insecurity issues. The beaned coins lounge around by the pool in a state of endless bliss. Counseling hasn’t helped....... They’re talking about maybe finding a doctor who can make them better. One even talked about needing a chemical peel. I keep trying to tell them they’re just fine the way they are but they don’t listen........

• Options
    BAJJERFANBAJJERFAN Posts: 30,987 ✭✭✭✭✭

@lkenefic said:
    Hmmm... this is an issue. Perhaps you should send that misfit half dime to me for sensitivity and awareness training! ;)

Or re-education as they call it in NK.

• Options

@BryceM said:
    See, I have a different problem. My non-sticker coins walk around with a huge attitude and chip on their shoulder.

@BryceN - Perhaps the chip on their shoulders are nicks, hence no CAC’s? ;)

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options

@ErrorsOnCoins said:
    Since I only like one sticker per slab, I opted to put on a single SKU numbered sticker instead of any bean.

My collection / inventory is uniform and happy together.

You can fool some of the coins some of the time but you can't fool all........etc etc etc....
    I hope this works for you but i don't like to think of what's gonna happen when they find out. :*

Coins don't respond to cajoling very well.

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,805 ✭✭✭✭✭

Made me laugh😂

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

The beans in my collections are vastly outnumbered by the non-beaned and even raw uncooked coins. So they keep a low profile, it is in their best interests.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options

@SaorAlba said:
    The beans in my collections are vastly outnumbered by the non-beaned and even raw uncooked coins. So they keep a low profile, it is in their best interests.

It sounds to me like oppression and if they organize, you could have more problems than stickers. :o

• Options
    kbbpllkbbpll Posts: 542 ✭✭✭✭

If a CAC coin ever made it into my collection it would get beat until it fits in.

• Options

@kbbpll said:
    If a CAC coin ever made it into my collection it would get beat until it fits in.

@kbbpll - I agree that it sounds like a coin with a CAC would not fit in to your collection (just kidding) :) )

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is what happens when kids or coins are pampered. A good old fashioned butt whupping is in order so long as it does not mark the coin.

• Options

@kbbpll said:

Sir! A CAC coin can not be beat! :#

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too many beans cause excessive gas..... :D So balance your collection.. or ventilate appropriately. ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,683 ✭✭✭✭✭

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file