Home U.S. Coin Forum

eBay/eBucks Poll about your purchasing trends

Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭✭✭

Which response would you say fits you the best, as it relates to when/if you purchase items on eBay?

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.

eBay/eBucks Poll about your purchasing trends

Sign in to vote!
This is a public poll: others will see what you voted for.

Comments

• sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,025 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I rarely purchase anything on eBay outside of an eBucks promotional period

I'm relatively new to eBay and I'm not a high roller there but it looks like waiting for eBucks has become my pattern.
    So far, the promotion has come around often enough to fuel this pattern.
    It's not 100% the case but it's up there.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I purchase things on eBay regardless of whether an eBucks promotion is currently underway

I buy what I think I will be able to resell, regardless if there is a promotion or not.
    The promotions (I think) tend to drive auction results a bit higher as most bidders are likely figuring the extra percentage they will be "getting back" into their bids.

• coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just bought some graded pre-33 gold below spot gold price with the last 13 percent e bucks promo. once my state starts the new state internet tax, will probably buy very little, I am happy with what I already have

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2019 1:03AM
    I purchase things on eBay regardless of whether an eBucks promotion is currently underway

I periodically purchase items if I feel it's a good buy !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • DiggerJimDiggerJim Posts: 406 ✭✭✭✭

I have bought coins wether or not eBay bucks are involved. I trying to keep my in progress sets at a high grade (MS66-67). So I need the eBay bucks to try and keep the costs down.

BST transactions - mach1ne - Ronyahski - pitboss (x2) - Bigbuck1975 (x2) - jimineez1 - nk1nk - bidask - WaterSport - logger7 - SurfinxHI (x2) - Smittys - Bennybravo - Proofcollector

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no option for multi-accounts.

• amwldcoinamwldcoin Posts: 11,269 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2019 6:27AM

Bargains rarely seem to come around when there is an ebay bucks promotion. Also the best auctions are usually Saturday or Sunday night. I think I have seen a promotion only 1 time in the past 4 or 5 years that was good on Saturday or Sunday.

• PhilLynottPhilLynott Posts: 880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2019 6:55AM

I don't think I've bought anything without a promotion in over a year. Part of it is I don't feel like putting in the time to find the deals which I know are there somewhere. The last 13% promo was fantastic, for 3 days I was putting in time scanning for stuff and at the end of it I only bought 5 pre-33 bullion priced coins after all that. If the 13% wasn't there I'd have bought 0.

• seanqseanq Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have definitely saved items on my watch list until I got an eBay Bucks promotion, and I will sometimes make an offer accounting for the extra cash back, but in general I buy stuff when I see it regardless of the promo.

Sean Reynolds

Incomplete planchets wanted, especially Lincoln Cents & type coins.

"Keep in mind that most of what passes as numismatic information is no more than tested opinion at best, and marketing blather at worst. However, I try to choose my words carefully, since I know that you guys are always watching." - Joe O'Connor
  • drei3reedrei3ree Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭

Any Bucks coming soon? I have some coins that I just have to buy! ;)

• Dave99BDave99B Posts: 8,331 ✭✭✭✭✭

I rarely buy outside of a promotion. Even during a promo, I usually just pick up gold, or 90% silver. That last 13% promotion was very nice.

I miss the olden days of eBay.

Dave

Always looking for original, better date VF20-VF35 Barber quarters and halves, and a quality beer.
  • dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

There is no option for "I never get ebucks promotions"

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file