Home U.S. Coin Forum

Other than...

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 18, 2019 11:49AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guy's,
I know in some form this question was raised in the past. Other than collecting coins or Bullion, what is another passion of your's that most people here on our Forum don't know about?
Mine is the passion of being an avid collector and listener of Southern Gospel Music. I have a great amount of S.G. DVD's/CD's! If anyone ever heard of, I have a vast collection of the Bill and Gloria Gaither series. My favorite singer in the field is by far, David Phelps. I suggest anyone to check him out. Whether you're a believer or NOT. Great voice. So what is your hidden passion, other than... Thanks guy's :)

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• 1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2019 12:17PM

@JoeyCoins
    I checked out David Phelps, Gaither Vocal Band, interesting. :smile:

Another passion of mine was - jumping out of perfectly sound airplanes :smile:
    https://youtu.be/D-eaLzDobFY

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2019 12:22PM

Wow! I can understand how preparation is so-so important! By seeing the video, I never knew it was that complex? Is that you narrating?
    One More Thing... Thanks for checking out David.

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

The ones we jumped from were not perfectly sound, in fact I saw the owners son duct taping the wing between flights.

@SoCalBigMark said:
    The ones we jumped from were not perfectly sound, in fact I saw the owners son duct taping the wing between flights.

I hope you're joking?

• SoCalBigMarkSoCalBigMark Posts: 2,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nope, we were waiting outside during a hot fuel. I was on a plane that crashed four days later, the first and last guy I jumped with were both killed and the pretty dropzone bartender.

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a bit of a gear head and jack of all trades. I take pride in being able to do lots of things.

Collector, occasional seller

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Bicycling
    Birdwatching/hiking
    Fishing
    Gardening/flowers

Just the main ones.
    I have too many interests to really narrow them down(besides those.)
    I cringe when I hear people say they're bored.
    "Lend me some of your time" I want to tell them.
    Too many interesting things in this world to be bored. :)

• jedmjedm Posts: 2,920 ✭✭✭✭✭

Other than numismatics my interests are: reading, gardening, fishing, music, travel, cooking, and spending time with kids doing all these things and more. My dad had an opinion on boredom- he said "only boring people get bored" and I've always believed that to be true.

• BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

Family
    Hunting (lifelong passion)
    Shooting (especially long range)
    Reloading (see numbers 2&3)
    Bird dog training (novice)
    Travel (never enough vacation to do it right)
    Freshwater planted aquariums (waning hobby for now). Was the admin of a forum & burned out a bit.
    Fishing (occasionally)
    Woodworking (reawakening but quickly expanding hobby)
    Hmmmm. I collect coins too. :)

I haven’t had time to be bored in years. :)

• mt_mslamt_msla Posts: 815 ✭✭✭✭

@joeykoins I work on my bible website kjvdaily.com.

Insert witicism here. [ xxx ]

• Eric_BabulaEric_Babula Posts: 413 ✭✭✭✭

There are a lot of things I love to do, or would love to do more of!

Spending time with my family!
    Bicycling
    Traveling - especially to the mountains
    Camping
    Hiking
    Photography
    Genealogy
    Eating good food and drinking good drink!
    etc., etc., etc.

Unfortunately, I'm not retired, so work gets in the way of much of my fun! Work hard, play hard, right? I'll get to that retirement soon enough, and then be able to dedicate more time to my other passions!

BTW @JoeyCoins - I went to the Bill and Gloria Gaither website and clicked on Media. The long video with all the gospel greats is amazing - I listened to the whole hour! I would go to church all the time if I could listen to those people! I could listen and sing along with them all day! I bookmarked that page, just so I can go back to that video again and again! I, too, love music, and have collected hundreds of CDs - everything from Gospel, to Blues, 60s Rock, Bluegrass, R&B, Jazz, A Cappella, Pop, Folk, Indie, Rap, Ska, Punk, you name it! I have some gospel (Mahalia Jackson, Kirk Franklin, etc.), but not enough. I like listening to Reverend Gary Davis (love his Bluesey voice), Allison Krause and the Cox Family, Aretha, Sam Cooke and The Soul Stirrers, etc., etc. Thanks for the post - now I have to get to listening to more music!!!

Rocking my "shiny-object-syndrome"!!!

I love Andre Crouch. Some of the songs he wrote are in the Hymnals. "Through it all", is just one of them. Amazing! <3

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Firearms, tactical training, marbles, old decks of cards, cooking, knives (and lots of books to cover all those areas)... Plus coins... now how would I ever find time to be bored... heck, I rarely have time for television and have not been to a theater since 1992. Cheers, RickO

• lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,885 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 20, 2019 6:46AM

Motorcycles, Porsches and racetracks
    Crossword puzzles (50 year addiction)
    Acoustical guitars (6 and 12 string)
    Unicycling
    Swimming (former all-american)
    Macro photography (coins)
    Lance.

• JBNJBN Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pre and post war vacuum tube radios - tombstones, cathedrals, tabletops. Like coins, I look for original examples. Philco Predicta televisions (nasty to work on, poorly designed electronics - but so stylish).

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭✭✭

Been playing keyboards and guitar for over 30 years. I would love to collect some old classic synthesizers. Maybe in a couple of years when we have an empty nest.
    Also like metal detecting, camping, hiking, vintage cameras, biking.

• selling3selling3 Posts: 166 ✭✭✭
    edited January 18, 2021 10:04AM

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JBN said:
    Pre and post war vacuum tube radios - tombstones, cathedrals, tabletops. Like coins, I look for original examples. Philco Predicta televisions (nasty to work on, poorly designed electronics - but so stylish).

I just looked the PP TVs up. Very aesthetically pleasing!

• JBNJBN Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@JBN said:

I just looked the PP TVs up. Very aesthetically pleasing!

Advertised as 'We are looking at 1965'.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=PG0wpwq8FdQ

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file