Home U.S. Coin Forum

Did I do ok? 16 D Walker

bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

I payed $24 for this, did I pay to much?

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

Comments

• jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,614 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you like it?

Tougher date and gets expensive in higher grade. There is no global right answer. Some people will follow me and tell you that's too much. Some will say it's about right. Some will tell you that coin is nothing but glorified bullion.

If you like it and that's an acceptable price point for you, just enjoy it.

• HighReliefHighRelief Posts: 3,654 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like the buffed up look myself, it shows that it has been around the block a few times. Tough date and mint to find in higher grades without paying the big bucks.

• bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, I liked it and the price was right to me. Like you said better condition much higher price.

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• IndulgerIndulger Posts: 139 ✭✭✭

Looks good to me, shows character!

• BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

This coin is better than what one commonly encounters in 'fill-in-the-hole' style albums, so you should always be able to resell it later to someone doing that kind of set. Some modest/ moderate profit likely. Obverse is better than the reverse.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@bigtime36 I’d keep it if I had it for my album. My 16 doesn’t have that much date visible.

• Cougar1978Cougar1978 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice pickup

So Cali Area - Coins & Currency
  • SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good Whitman fodder.

• Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,114 ✭✭✭✭✭

Good deal for the price paid.
    I did get one in a bullion deal awhile back, but it was more worn than yours.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • BullsitterBullsitter Posts: 5,320 ✭✭✭✭✭

$24, not bad at all.

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked this one up for $25 at a show last weekend.

You did better. :)

I got to plug that hole.

• bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

Gotta fill them holes!

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Too much? No.

Do you like it? Plan to flip it?

Once our collecting knowledge grows, we will often find deals like this. Should you pounce? Maybe.

I keep a list of Washington quarter dates I will buy from 90% bins regardless of condition.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your coin and price paid are reasonable. If you like it, other opinions do not matter. Enjoy your coin.... Cheers, RickO

• robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

I picked up a nice 16 s awhile back from the bay for about the same with a BIN. I could definitely use a nice 16 d as well...
    Great pick up !!!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file