Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 w quarter

I looked for the 2019 w quarter, 8 rolls later nothing!

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

Keep trying, you'll strike it rich eventually.

Later, Paul.
  • Options

:):):):):):):) THANKS!
    I feel better lol...

• Options
    RWMRWM Posts: 205 ✭✭✭

They are only mixed in rolls with other new 2019 coins. Ask your bank if they have any brand new quarter rolls. I bought one such roll and found 3 W Quarters.

• Options
    1Thomkoin1Thomkoin Posts: 46
    edited June 15, 2019 7:12AM

@RWM said:
    They are only mixed in rolls with other new 2019 coins. Ask your bank if they have any brand new quarter rolls. I bought one such roll and found 3 W Quarters.

I did................. Most say,"We have mixed dates don't know what we get!"

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't found any either as of yet. that wont deter me and ill keep looking

• Options
    RWMRWM Posts: 205 ✭✭✭

@1Thomkoin said:

@RWM said:

I did................. Most say,"We have mixed dates don't know what we get!"

They know if they care to look. When they order coins they get $500 rolled boxes that they come in. The boxes have holes in the top above each roll so you can see if all the rolls are present. If they are all new you can tell from looking at the box.

When new quarters come out from the mint they will leave in bags and get rolled together. To mix them with older coins would be a weird extra step.

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,212 ✭✭✭✭✭

@RWM said:
    When they order coins they get $500 rolled boxes that they come in. The boxes have holes in the top above each roll so you can see if all the rolls are present. If they are all new you can tell from looking at the box.

Most boxes now do not have the holes.

When new quarters come out from the mint they will leave in bags and get rolled together. To mix them with older coins would be a weird extra step.

Most all of the rolls of new coins I have handled had a few dirty quarters in them. I have seen new Ws inside rolls with two dirty end coins. I suspect the big tub gets all kinds of quarters dumped in it to get ready for the rolling machine. I also believe most of the rolling is done by the armored carriers contracted by the banks and when these carriers need more coins they get them from the district Fed reserve bank branch. Otherwise it's just a simple recycling of existing dirty quarters.

Depending on the geographic region it could take months for new coins to finally leave the Fed reserve branch bank. I'm just now seeing new boxes of the Lowells in boxes from my bank.

Give Me Liberty or Give Me Debt

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

No wonder I have not found any yet.... this little mountain village may never get the new W quarters... Maybe I have to go to 'the big city' to continue my search :D Nah... they will come.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some guys here have spent >$10,000 buying boxes of quarters to find them. You never know where they may appear!

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 466 ✭✭✭

"Spend" is a misleading word as you are just exchanging currency in different forms.

The only spending/out of pocket expenses are the gas and time to
    pick up and re-roll the coins back.
    But practically no extra expenses to a typical CRHer.

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭

Any suggestions on where to get one of those $500 Boxes of Quarters? I asked twice for $50 in Quarters and was shocked when I got them.

Found nothing, of course.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FullStrike said:
    Any suggestions on where to get one of those $500 Boxes of Quarters? I asked twice for $50 in Quarters and was shocked when I got them.

Bank, bigger banks. You’ll probably need to have an account, too.

Or, ask a local retailer where they get their change; but only if they are already giving out the 2019 ATB quarters as change.

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FullStrike said:

Ask your teller if you can order a box, they should take your info and let you know when it arrives. May as well order a box of halves too, while you are at it :)

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    FullStrikeFullStrike Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2019 7:00AM

Hemispherical & ChrisH821, hey thanks for the feedback. I Bank with Chase so I'll try ordering a $500 Box. I don't know about the Halves though, I asked for those , at 2 different Branches ,and was shocked when the Tellers brought me empty Half Dollar paper tubes. I left thinking poorly about those Ladies, I asked for "Rolls of Half Dollars". And they bring me empty Rolls?

I'll need to make sure it's understood if I order a $500 Box of Cents , that I'm not after a 100,000 count case of empty Cent Tubes.

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 19, 2019 10:53AM

@Sweetpie said:
    "Spend" is a misleading word as you are just exchanging currency in different forms.

The only spending/out of pocket expenses are the gas and time to
    pick up and re-roll the coins back.
    But practically no extra expenses to a typical CRHer.

Some of the large buyers have reported challenges returning the massive quantities of quarters :o I recall someone mentioned the bank was going to start charging them a fee. I wonder how those guys are making out?

But I was referring to the volume of coins they were buying, tying up more than $10K, to find the quarters.

• Options

$52.55 for 4 2019 w unc. quarters .,......
    Is that good?

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1Thomkoin said:
    $52.55 for 4 2019 w unc. quarters .,......
    Is that good?

Yes

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,905 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been picking the new quarter rolls out of the safe and looking through them before I put them in the register. I have not found one in circulation yet.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 22, 2019 2:46PM

@ChrisH821 said:

Ask your teller if you can order a box, they should take your info and let you know when it arrives. May as well order a box of halves too, while you are at it :)

A box of quarters has 50 rolls of $10.00 quarters and will cost $500. How much will a box of halves cost?

Okay, I had to look it up, it's also $500....what you get is 25 $20.00 rolls.

Here's a quick bank box breakdown:

Pennies 50 x .50 rolls = $25.00
    Nickels 50 x 2.00 rolls = $100.00
    Dimes 50 x 5.00 rolls = $250.00
    Quarters 50 x 10.00 rolls = $500.00
    Halves 50 x 10.00 rolls = $500.00
    Dollars 40 x 25.00 rolls = $1000.00

Happy hunting. :)

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Onastone said:

@ChrisH821 said:

A box of quarters has 50 rolls of $10.00 quarters and will cost $500. How much will a box of halves cost?

Okay, I had to look it up, it's also $500....what you get is 25 $20.00 rolls.

Here's a quick bank box breakdown:

Pennies 50 x .50 rolls = $25.00
    Nickels 50 x 2.00 rolls = $100.00
    Dimes 50 x 5.00 rolls = $250.00
    Quarters 50 x 10.00 rolls = $500.00
    Halves 25 x 20.00 rolls = $500.00
    Dollars 40 x 25.00 rolls = $1000.00

Happy hunting. :)

Not sure about your bank, but all the ones I've ordered were 50x $10 rolls. I don't think I've ever seen a $20 roll of halves.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ChrisH821 said:

all the ones I've ordered were 50x $10 rolls. I don't think I've ever seen a $20 roll of halves.

Corrected. I was counting the halves in the roll as 20....oops.

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I haven't found any W quarters but we are seeing the Pacific War D mints entering circulation.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file