Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 Lowell w quarter

What would be considered a good deal for a
2019 Lowell w quarter. I’m going to bid on one and was just wondering where to stop the bid at?

Comments

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mr2monster said:
    What would be considered a good deal for a
    2019 Lowell w quarter. I’m going to bid on one and was just wondering where to stop the bid at?

Honestly, it depends: slabbed or raw? Condition?

• Options

Raw condition

• Options
    TetromibiTetromibi Posts: 944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 14, 2019 6:20PM

$15 is reasonable on ebay right now. If you wait a few more weeks you might save a few bucks.

Edit to add: @pitboss can probably help you out through the forum with a direct purchase.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,895 ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with @mustangmanbob ad @Tetromibi

$15-$20 now, maybe $10 later. It just depends on how patient you are willing to be.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Patience is the key to saving $$.... ;) Raw will be much cheaper in a couple of months....Even cheaper if you find it yourself in change or rolls... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

And I think eventually back down to 25 cents unless you have a super high end graded example (67+).

• Options
    SweetpieSweetpie Posts: 465 ✭✭✭

@matt_dac said:
    And I think eventually back down to 25 cents unless you have a super high end graded example (67+).

I'll have the same thing you are drinking....

Just too "rare" to be counted as a common quarter.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Sweetpie said:

@matt_dac said:

I'll have the same thing you are drinking....

Just too "rare" to be counted as a common quarter.

Agree that it’ll never be a 25c quarter. Unless a non-collector spends it and this would be the same for any change in the hand of a non-collector.

My guess is price stabilization will occur next year after the dusts is settled after all five ATB W-Quarters are issued. Still have to go through the “5-coin/slab sets.” And lets not forget the registry. Still room to boot the current tops.

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would be happy to be proven wrong, I want us all to get rich from our hobby, but 2,000,000 banged up quarters (from each series) is anything but rare. I do think there will be some premium on top pop examples. I used to work for the Lowell National Historic Park and would like an example, but the premiums began high and have fallen fast.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@matt_dac said:
    ... but the premiums began high and have fallen fast.

Exactly. Price stabilization will occur. As with anything new (not just coins), there will be those want the first fast car, boat, extra bathroom in the garage... :D

Lowells are the first and an indicator of what to expect, then it all comes down to some type of fancy marketing.

Get them now or get them later or none at all. In the grand scheme of things it’s an individuals’ choice on what they are willing to spend, or not.

A hobby is not a business. IMO

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,200 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 29, 2019 6:58PM

@Hemispherical said:

Lowells are the first and an indicator of what to expect, then it all comes down to some type of fancy marketing.

speaking of fancy marketing

Here's a seller of Lowell rolls with "POSSIBLE WEST POINT QUARTERS." Note that his pics are of Lowell rolls, not American Memorial rolls.

As we know, there are no Ws in Lowell rolls, the Ws weren't ready when the Lowell P & Ds were shipped. I can confirm this after searching boxes of Lowells just to make sure.

The Lowell Ws are in the Mariana American Memorial rolls. I can also confirm this.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file