Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Heads Up on PWCC Auction for a 1993 SP Jeter Graded 9 MT

2»

Comments

• Options
    HighGradeLegendsHighGradeLegends Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭✭

The Alts seem to be multiplying lately...

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited July 23, 2019 5:38PM

@DBesse27 said:

@doubledragon said:
    If the people saying they don't think the seller should list the flaws of this card had bought it and discovered it had a line, they wouldn't like it either. They can swear up and down that it wouldn't bother them, but it would, and they know it.

It would bother me. And the first thing I would do is go back to the scan (I just did) to see if the line is visible. It is and I’d kick myself for not zooming on the pic, or not sending the seller a question, or not passing altogether. I wouldn’t return it, and I sure as heck wouldn’t say the seller should have disclosed the flaw with anything other than the high res photo already provided. I have bought cards in the past that I was disappointed with when I received them, but in every case I eventually realized I didn’t pay close enough attention to the pics. And besides, why is it so incomprehensible that you can have a disappointed buyer/collector, but at the same time the seller still did nothing “wrong”?? The 2 ideas can coexist.

Now I know nobody will agree with me on this, because defending PWCC at this moment in the hobby is not a popular stance. Just know that I still think they’re reprehensible fraudsters. I just don’t think that this card and the related transactions are an example of said fraud.

I agree with you Dan!

I am not a defender of PWCC, in fact I'll wager they are soon out of business because of their behavior.

I am however wondering where all the reputable businesses are out there who disclose ANY negative aspects of their products or services.

I remember working in sales, and the manager was always asking for testimonials from our customers. What good are they? No one is going to publish the complaints are they?

As an old man, I actually remember a time when companies actually made quality products to last. Now most items that break cannot even be fixed, cheaper to buy a new one, don't worry about the garbage piling up.

Thanks to the OP for the heads up!

Most of the rest of the comments seem unrealistic, great fantasies, but not going to happen.

Have fun collecting!

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

@HighGradeLegends said:
    The Alts seem to be multiplying lately...

There is definitely a lot more welcoming to the forum.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black

• Options
    dfr52dfr52 Posts: 891 ✭✭✭

@lawnmowerman said:

@PaulMaul said:

@lawnmowerman said:

@PaulMaul said:

@GoDodgersFan said:
    This defect should be disclosed by the seller. Disappointing for sure.

Just to play devil’s advocate, what do you think PWCC’s responsibility is in this regard more generally? If they receive a card on consignment that just looks like a crappy example of the grade, should they disclose that?

Seeing how they talk up the good points of high grade examples and use their nifty little designations, if they choose to sell a card with a defect, then yes it should be mentioned. Unfortunately dollar signs cloud some seller's vision.

But every card has defects. That is the purpose of PSA grading it. I do think their stickers are stupid, but I’m not sure how it is their responsibility to second guess PSA’s grade.

True but imo, if they're going to talk up the good points, then in order of fairness, bad points should be mentioned as well. I'm referring to the raw Jeter the op mentioned.

I can see how graded cards would be more of a challenge. I guess the best course of action would be to not offer their opinion at all since the card was already graded.

I have to agree, the best option would of been to omit the description of the card. Let the scans stand on their own and respond to any questions potential buyers might have.

Super Bowl XXVIII: Buffalo Bills vs Dallas Cowboys -
    Running back Emmitt Smith rushed for 132 yards and 2
    touchdowns earning Super Bowl MVP honors as the Cowboys
    defeated the Bills 30-13 to win their second consecutive NFL
    title.