Home U.S. Coin Forum

1969 D penny, no fg initials

hello maam/sir... warm greetings to you all wonderful people...i just want to ask if i can attach a video here ? it was taken yesterday,about a comparison of three 1969 penny, showing one of the 1969 is missing fg initial? here is the picture first...

Comments

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jcb23000.... I do not see this listed in the CPG... but interesting find. Perhaps some Lincoln collectors can give input on this... Cheers, RickO

• Moxie15Moxie15 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

It is listed in my Cherry Pickers pg 137 5th edition volume 1

• Moxie15Moxie15 Posts: 318 ✭✭✭

I have not seen vol. 6, I assume you mean 6th edition, which I have not looked at

• dagingerbeastttdagingerbeasttt Posts: 791 ✭✭✭✭

In ms60 BN there valued around 70$ via pcgs coin facts. Yours is circulated and looks to be on the lower end of the spectrum. My guess is around 15 to 35$. Still a neat find!

• PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find! I need to check my Cherry Pickers more often. Neat seeing these finds crop up.

• mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

@dagingerbeasttt said:
    In ms60 BN there valued around 70$ via pcgs coin facts. Yours is circulated and looks to be on the lower end of the spectrum. My guess is around 15 to 35$. Still a neat find!

They are out there if a person wants to look.
    I have found 2 in circulation (one actually in a parking lot) but have yet to find one in a BU roll.
    My guess on value would be $10 or so in that condition as most want them in unc.

• WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

Delisted by PCGS sometime back. I am in the camp where it’s just die wear and way too common on many dates. But if you like them - that’s great. Enjoy.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.

@WaterSport said:
    Delisted by PCGS sometime back. I am in the camp where it’s just die wear and way too common on many dates. But if you like them - that’s great. Enjoy.
    are you sure there delisted? There still a variety on pcgs coinfacts

@mannie gray said:

@dagingerbeasttt said:

They are out there if a person wants to look.
    I have found 2 in circulation (one actually in a parking lot) but have yet to find one in a BU roll.
    My guess on value would be $10 or so in that condition as most want them in unc.

Yeah I was searching for them in unc rolls but have given up looking

• WaterSportWaterSport Posts: 6,757 ✭✭✭✭✭

Look at any Lincoln variety set that once had the listing. It is still listed - but not required. No points given, etc. Maybe PCGS is slow on removing it from coin facts. But whatever, the value of the coin dropped maybe 75%. But some dealers still ask moon money. There are others on the delisted list as well.

WS

Proud recipient of the coveted PCGS Forum "You Suck" Award Thursday July 19, 2007 11:33 PM and December 30th, 2011 at 8:50 PM.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file