Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Questions for Steve Sloan

Hello all,

I may be looking in the wrong area, but I have not seen a statement/response from Steve or PSA regarding the recent troubles hitting our hobby. I recognize that Steve is incredibly busy and the evidence is vast, accusations are plentiful and response needs to be precise. Everything needs to be reviewed, considered and all potential actions need to be measured before implemented. To assist Steve and PSA in this undertaking, I thought it would be appropriate to compile a list of questions that we have for him. Before I begin, I would like to say I am a dedicated customer of PSA, I use the service almost daily and believe that third party grading provides a benefit to the hobby. At any given moment I will have 3-6 pending orders with PSA and trust their assessments. I feel that I have a vested interest in the company, we all do. We only want what is best for the business and the hobby.

With that said, I ask that you only post questions or suggestions. Please keep it civil.

Thanks,
Jason Simonds

My questions:

• How did this happen? How did so many allegedly altered cards get past PSA graders?
  • What additional controls/actions will be taken to ensure this does not continue to happen?
  • Have you read PWCC's market tenants, specifically in regards to Conservation vs. Alteration (here: https://www.pwccmarketplace.com/marketplace-tenets) Does PSA agree with these definitions?
  • Have the "bad actors" been identified? How many cards are potentially impacted by this scandal?
  • How will unsuspecting customers/victims be notified? What remedy will be provided?
  • PWCC's statement on the matter indicates they have been working with PSA and law enforcement on this issue, could you potentially elaborate on this?

I appreciate your time in advance - thank you again.

My eBay Store =)

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind." Dr. Seuss

Comments

• Options
    AFLfanAFLfan Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey Jason,

I appreciate the tone of your message, willingness to help, and the PM notifying me about this thread. I understand that the hobby wants answers to these questions and so does Steve. However, I just feel that this is a thread that poses a lot of potential for problems. I am shutting this down not because of the intent (no offense to you at all), but I just don't feel that this is something we need. At least not at the moment. Most of these questions have already been posed in the different threads covering this issue.

Thanks, Todd

Todd Tobias - Grateful Collector - I focus on autographed American Football League sets, Fleer & Topps, 1960-1969, and lacrosse cards.
This discussion has been closed.