Home Precious Metals

Whoa 20oz of Gold Nuggets for 60k

Skrill90Skrill90 Posts: 264 ✭✭✭

Maybe I am the crazy one but I would rather take 60k worth of gold at spot in the form of AGE then 3 nuggets of 20oz total for 60k
Would you buy this or would you rather take the equivalent dollar value in bullion at spot?

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?icep_id=114&ipn=icep&toolid=20004&campid=5338461489&mpre=https://www.ebay.com/itm/3-LARGE-GOLD-NUGGETS-Incredible-Rarity-8-39-oz-6-02-oz-5-24-oz/192930516168?hash=item2ceb8e0cc8:g:EHUAAOSwjfNZnbJD

Comments

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is it the one from Australia?

Checking... Nope. Las Vegas.

Pic:

• Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,713 ✭✭✭✭✭

@PerryHall said:
    Neat nuggets but I'd rather have my gold in the form of US gold coins.

+1

• metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would have liked to be been the one to find those!

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice looking nuggets.... thought the one piece appears to have quartz inclusions that have been 'colorized'....I would never buy nuggets from pictures.... got to be an 'in hand' evaluation. That being said, I would buy Gold Eagles instead of nuggets...Cheers, RickO

• johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,492 ✭✭✭✭✭

neat

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow, amazing !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

nuggets don't interest me unless I trip over them

• rawteam1rawteam1 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭

Man who smell ice cream a mile away... has Good Humor...

keceph `anah
  • ARCOARCO Posts: 4,311 ✭✭✭✭✭

He can keep the nuggets, wouldn't pay that premium over spot. Buy the coins and you get more gold and 100X more liquidity.

• WildIdeaWildIdea Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

You know me, I appreciate the nuggets, but nowhere near that price. I thought I would see a 20 0z nug not three.....

I consider myself a purist stacker with a frugal eye on but/sell liquid amount at any given time just like most of you here. Yet I’m still a hopeless romantic about golds natural form, you know, the cool way it comes in nature before humans melt it down and mint it into something called money. Maybe that fascinates me a little more than some. Part of being a gold bug. Nevertheless, why pay and kiss away more than a modest 5-10% to the trophy factor? I suspect the seller didn’t either who knows but asking almost triple spot is something of a sure pass for me, I’ll enjoy the picture.

• MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,197 ✭✭✭✭✭

could these have been created?

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions
  • AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MsMorrisine said:
    could these have been created?

The one with the quartz would be real and yes @ricko there is yellow quartz (lol). The other two look authentic but the premium is a bit high. 3k per ounce. I would expect an offer of 2k/oz would buy them. I've sold nuggets in the past at a premium to spot but none that size. Mine were all under 2oz but did sell between 3,500 and 4,000 each. That was about 145% of spot at the time. The larger the nugget the more premium you pay for sure.
    bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com