Home U.S. & World Currency Forum
Options

Radar Note Help Please

LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

Received this $5 New Crisp Radar Note and was wondering if it has any premium?
Maybe just a little coolness factor?
Not a Currency guy, any help appreciated.
Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Options
    synchrsynchr Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2019 6:36PM

Oh yes, maybe even a hundred+ to the right collector. A, serious score if you plucked that from circulation and it is CU. Don't let it get bent, don't put it in a book , find a proper mylar holder.
    Massive congratulations and envy.

ed: I have a $1 FRN E51555515N PMG 67EPQ, any interest?

• Options
    LeeBoneLeeBone Posts: 4,322 ✭✭✭✭✭

Got a group of New Fives in change last night(8 to be exact). Yes, totally crisp and new. You really think it could almost fetch $100? :o

• Options

This a quad center and I think the value is closer to $40-50 but still an awesome find in the wild. If it was a super radar like 25555552 then it would be worth around $100.

Small size type collector and fancy serial numbers
  • Options
    TennisCoachTennisCoach Posts: 302 ✭✭✭

@gconover said:
    This a quad center and I think the value is closer to $40-50 but still an awesome find in the wild. If it was a super radar like 25555552 then it would be worth around $100.

I have considerable experience with quad center radars and have purchased similar notes several times. I usually purchase them for around $40 and sell them at $60. They normally take 1 to 3 months to sell depending on the market. I think that's what you could realistically expect. If it was a super radar than the value would be double $80 to $100. If it was a more popular number like 7, 8, 9, or 0 then you could expect more. It is still a nice circulation find.

Family, Neighborhood, Community,
    make the World a better place.

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm not a Note collector. Years ago I received a x'mas gift from my kids for an item issued by the BEP. $10 Generations Series 1995, 2001 & 2009. All have identical #'s...00001881. Any special value to that?

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Steve_in_TampaSteve_in_Tampa Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2, 2019 1:48PM

@OPA said:
    I'm not a Note collector. Years ago I received a x'mas gift from my kids for an item issued by the BEP. $10 Generations Series 1995, 2001 & 2009. All have identical #'s...00001881. Any special value to that?

Sets without low or fancy serial numbers sell for $120-$150, sometimes lower. I saw a courtesy autographed set for for over $300. No telling what a radar set will fetch. I have sets #623 & #624.

Heritage archives; https://currency.ha.com/c/search-results.zx?N=56+790+231&Ntk=SI_Titles&Nty=1&Ntt=$10+generations+&limitTo=all

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,849 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice find!

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,686 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always looking at my notes. Finding star notes, radar not so much. The hunt continues. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall