Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Is This A 1964 D/D FS-502 Washington Quarter?

Before submitting this quarter for possible attribution and grading, I wanted to ask the hive if they thought this is a real RPM or just another strike doubled or MD mint mark?
From my point of view it looks exactly the same as the one on PCGS website as the FS-502.

Here is the photo of the FS-502 on the website for comparison

Close up of mint mark

Thanks Much

Answers

• Options
    CRH4LIFECRH4LIFE Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭

That sure looks like the match. Not sure if you could check die markers, I am not sure how our host qualify’s this as a RPM the entire MM looks to be strike doubled lol

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

It looks as if you have a match....D/D.... great pictures as well... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    morgandollar1878morgandollar1878 Posts: 4,006 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks good to me.

Instagram: nomad_numismatics
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum @mtinis.

Looking good!

Check Variety Vista and/or Wexler’s site for diagnostics if you want.

• Options
    tincuptincup Posts: 4,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a match. The PCGS website photo does show die polish lines and artifacts above the mintmark that I do not see in yours... but perhaps yours is an earlier die state or perhaps the lines are there and photo just doesn't show them.

----- kj
  • Options
    mtinismtinis Posts: 17 ✭✭

Well, I checked Variety Vista, Wexler, and CONECA with no matches found.

So, does anyone have a CherryPickers Guide to see what the FS-502 RPM for this coin looks like? I ask because NGC which doesn't have a photo or any in their census says the first impression is to the extreme northeast. PCGS photo shows the first impression to the east.

Thanks Much

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2019 10:32AM

@mtinis said:
    Well, I checked Variety Vista, Wexler, and CONECA with no matches found.

So, does anyone have a CherryPickers Guide to see what the FS-502 RPM for this coin looks like? I ask because NGC which doesn't have a photo or any in their census says the first impression is to the extreme northeast. PCGS photo shows the first impression to the east.

Thanks Much

You may have a discovery, but check for diagnostics.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file