Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2019 NBA Finals Giveaway Thread (easy: just post to play)

3keepSECRETif2rDEAD3keepSECRETif2rDEAD Posts: 4,285 ✭✭✭✭✭

...ok so rules to win are hella simple...just post inside of this thread at least once and you will be put in the fedora for a random draw (1 entry per username, regardless of how many times you post). You can post anything you want about the NBA Finals or Numismatics (within CU rules), but try and get creative and tie a coin into it somehow if you choose the basketball route. Like, maybe you like the Denver Nuggets and you were alive when David Thompson dropped 73 points during final game of the 77-78 season, only to lose the game to a Detroit Pistons team who had at 5 players with at least 19 points each. There is no I in TEAM. So maybe you post any coin with “73” in the date and then tell us why. I dunno, but all’s I know is that I love PCGS and CU so I’m giving away something cool (I’ll figure it out before series is up and let youse all know).

The winner will be chosen following the conclusion of the 2019 NBA Finals. It starts in 15 min and it’s a 7-game series. Good Luck to all and Go Dubs ;)

Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    PedzolaPedzola Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

Celtics fan here. Disappointing season. Will stick with the East / North. Kawhi sold me with that last shot vs 76ers.

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

The Warriors are one of the best teams ever. I predict they will be the champions.

• Options
    dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

Thanks for the opportunity. Warriors in 6.

• Options
    jclovescoinsjclovescoins Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭

Raptors in 7

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2019 7:53PM

Go Warriors! Crush and squash those Barnies!

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,544 ✭✭✭✭✭

ty

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

Jordan is GOAT! Nuggets are a good young team with a bright future but was so disappointed in the last series they had. Warriors in 5! Thanks for the chance, oh and my favorite coin is a Morgan.

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,459 ✭✭✭✭✭

Last time I liked NBA was when Jordan, Magic, and Bird were playing. Tolerated it up until the more recent strike season. Forget about them now. Too much political trash associated with the players and the league now. Thanks for the chance though, I will not watch a second of the games

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 30, 2019 8:23PM

My favorite coin series
    No 33

My favorite basketball player

• Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

No Texas teams playing ... Rockets, Mavs, Spurs ... so I’ve no skin in the game.

May the best team win (as long as they’re not from the Left Coast ;) )

• Options
    TestoonTestoon Posts: 152 ✭✭✭

Go Spurs! Well, maybe next year. Speaking of San Antonio, here’s a numismatic connection.

Bill
    witty quote goes here
  • Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

:)

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was hoping the Bucks would make it. Would love to see the Raptors win it but I don't think it is going to happen.

• Options
    edited May 30, 2019 10:45PM

What a game 1 for Canada...the Cyborg & Pascal Siakam were unstoppable; Congrats to them!...the books cleaned up on this one. Dubs opened at -1 and with a river full of Action on them the line continued to move opposite of the monies...that’s called a “House Play” in the streets. Anyways, the Dubs got punched in the mouth...now is where it gets fun...people from Oakland wake up when they get punched in the mouth...I will now Bet the Dubs to win the series at probably close to even money...I have a strong feeling they won’t lose again ;)

Thanks for all the replies so far and I will bump this thread up Sunday night for Game 2.

......aaaand Congrats @Barndog on 20k posts...I understand your position and I agree but I have no choice but to watch these things. The trash talking is at a level beyond belief in the NBA...I say if they let them play physical 1980’’s style; McHale/Laimbeer style baby...knocking teeth out with elbows, no deodorant...maybe Respect would show up again ;)

Goodnight CU

• Options
    CuKevinCuKevin Posts: 1,690 ✭✭✭✭

What is this sports-ball you speak of? Something to do with that curved coin? 😉

Choice Numismatics www.ChoiceCoin.com

CN eBay

All of my collection is in a safe deposit box!
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations to the Raptors in game 1 !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    JeffnluJeffnlu Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭

Should've been the Bucks.

• Options
    dorkbardorkbar Posts: 425 ✭✭✭

Imagine a bright, shiny, 2004 ASE. That's the last time the Wolves were decent.

• Options
    Wahoo554Wahoo554 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wish it were the Bucks with my favorite NBA player, Malcolm Brogdon, aka The President. Speaking of presidents, here’s one of my favorite presidents in numismatic glory (finally filled the ‘49 S hole in my Dansco when I found this colorful example):

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m not a sports fan, but, liking obscure bullion silver bars, I bought this a few years ago: sports related

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,523 ✭✭✭✭✭

raptors in 6, fwiw

• Options
    kbbpllkbbpll Posts: 542 ✭✭✭✭

I saw Neil Young and Eric Clapton at the old McNichols arena where the Nuggets used to play. That’s as close as I can come to a creative basketball post. I think I found a quarter there too.

• Options
    JasonGamingJasonGaming Posts: 926 ✭✭✭✭

Warriors in 7 :)

Always buying nice toned coins! Searching for a low grade 1873 Arrows DDO Dime and 1842-O Small Date Quarter.

• Options
    joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2019 12:02PM

Thanks for the chance! Michael Jordan is the BEST player of all-time, and will ALWAYS be the Best player of all-time.

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    ParadisefoundParadisefound Posts: 8,588 ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's go Raptors :) They way they did it to this point ....... (hoping) destined to take the prize home.

*not my coin

• Options
    MizzouMizzou Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2019 1:34PM

Toronto takes it -

Sometimes I think that animals are smarter than humans, animals would never allow the dumbest one to lead the pack

• Options
    bigmarty58bigmarty58 Posts: 1,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

Warriors in 5...

Enthusiastic collector of British pre-decimal and Canadian decimal circulation coins.
  • Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

It should be a good one... Even tho, I'm not rooting for neither.

• Options
    OKCCOKCC Posts: 521 ✭✭✭

Go Dodgers! Oops... too early.

• Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

GOLDen State Warriors in 6. Least I snuck in the word GOLD.

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    Bigbuck1975Bigbuck1975 Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

Michael Jordan was good at basketball

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 31, 2019 6:45PM

I don't care who wins. I just want it to be an exciting series!

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Love me a good underdog story. Go Raptirs!

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭✭

I would cheer for anyone other than golden state...so that would be The Raptors...chew 'em up!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭

Depends on KD returning. Hope the Raptors win. Thanks for the contest

• Options
    rkprkp Posts: 434 ✭✭✭

Michael Jordan = GOAT

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

If the Warriors lose my wife will probably have a stroke.
    Lance.

• Options
    AstroJoeAstroJoe Posts: 304 ✭✭✭

Thank you for the opportunity.
    Golden State will win.....I think.

Joe

Everything is all right!
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2019 7:56PM

Game 2: Iggy with the toilet bowl rimmer...Ice Water in his veins baby...Let’s Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Options
    StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭

@3keepSECRETif2rDEAD — Thanks for the chance! 👍

Coolest Basketball Related Coin Image that I could find: 😁

2016 $25 Invention of Basketball, 125th Anniversary - Royal Canadian Mint - Pure Silver Coin

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"
  • Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the chance but I don't think I have ever watched an NBA game.
    I saw the St. Louis Spirits play when Marvin Barnes was the guy.....many years ago.
    Basketball just doesn't do anything for me.

• Options
    jughead1893jughead1893 Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭✭✭

thx

• Options

Dubs getting smoked like salmon in Nova Scotia...Congrats to Raptors team and fans. One more game and if they win then I pick a winner here. Just post to have a chance and heres to a Great rest of your weekend CU board ;)

• Options
    KindaNewishKindaNewish Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love it!
    The strict adherence to the established rules of Calvinball inspires me.

I shall reciprocate, look for a ridiculous give-a-way for my 2 year anniversary on CU tomorrow.

• Options
    mkman123mkman123 Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭✭

thank you! Hope the Warriors make a comeback!

Successful Buying and Selling transactions with:

Many members on this forum that now it cannot fit in my signature. Please ask for entire list.
  • Options
    erwindocerwindoc Posts: 4,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the giveaway!

• Options

Joining the wagon. Thank you for starting this giveaway. ⛹️‍♂️

• Options
    lonn47lonn47 Posts: 236 ✭✭✭

the raptors are more together than the warriors, if they would just play and stop............thank for the give away.

• Options
    NSPNSP Posts: 322 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m rooting for the Raptors, so here is my nicest Canadian coin. Hopefully they don’t pull a 2016 Warriors stunt and blow a 3-1 lead!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file