Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Just added another Roosie variety to my Showcase Variety Set.

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are 21 RPM's for the 1946-S Dime this makes 13 that I have....8 to go. I also have several unlisted that I will send to Dr. Wiles someday that will hopefully add to the 21. This is the RPM-21 in PCGS65FB. The toning on the obverse is much better in hand. This is the best I could capture......it is much brighter and has more luster. Thanks for looking. :)

Comments

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice strong reverse strike.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice reverse Jon... 21 RPM's? And you think you have a couple that will add to that total? I wonder if that happened on a Friday after a liquid lunch... ;) Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    Nice reverse Jon... 21 RPM's? And you think you have a couple that will add to that total? I wonder if that happened on a Friday after a liquid lunch... ;) Cheers, RickO

They were even worse in Denver that year with 33 RPM's!

• Options
    CRH4LIFECRH4LIFE Posts: 849 ✭✭✭✭

Nice!! I collect RPM’s as well, I have around 60 of them varying in denomination

• Options

@DIMEMAN...Wow... 33? There must be some backstory on this problem.....so many RPM's warrant some explanation. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko said:
    @DIMEMAN...Wow... 33? There must be some backstory on this problem.....so many RPM's warrant some explanation. Cheers, RickO

Looking at the CONECA site 1940 thru 1946 seem to be the worst or best for us RPM collectors with Denver usually having the most. Maybe it was the the war years when the regular die setters were off to serve? And those inexperienced guys in the thin air (Denver) were a little whoosie? :o Of course 1946 was the worst year and the war was over! Maybe too much celebrating! :o

Who knows, but it sure is fun looking for them! B)

Also 1908 in Denver was the year they couldn't seem to get the Date right. Don't know what was going on in Denver in 1908!

• Options

@DIMEMAN.... Thanks Jon... I suppose the post war period may be part of the explanation... probably a lot of new hires.... Still a surprising amount of RPM's. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice addition!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file