Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

O/T Thank you

As many of you know I will be retiring next week from the Navy. I know I’ve been talking about it with a lot of you the past couple of years, but the time has finally arrived. You know what that means? Having more time making boxes and of course collecting my vintage. I’ve been on these boards for a long time, and when sometimes you have a bad day just read the forums and have a laugh or connecting with people that has the same passion as you do makes the difference. So overall I just wanted to say thank you.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
Vintage Rookies

Comments

• Options
    NJ80sBBCNJ80sBBC Posts: 721 ✭✭✭✭

That’s awesome. Congrats and most importantly, thank you for your service to our nation.

John

Conundrum - Loving my unopened baseball card collection....but really like ripping too
  • Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 22,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm pretty new to the message boards, but I completely agree. Life can be pretty rough sometimes, but I can always come here and joke around, and have a few laughs. I also enjoy reading about fellow collectors latest happenings in the hobby. The message boards are really addictive. Once you get a taste of the message boards, you are hooked. Thank you lilmule for your service to this great country, and thank you message boards for existing.

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congratulations again Mike.

Having served 31 yrs, I wouldn't have done it any other way.

Mike
  • Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,095 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for your service, Mike. You're a mighty fine person. And thank you for the most recent box ("Paint Brush") that you made for me. It's wonderful. I hope you enjoy your retirement and life back on the mainland.

Andy

Andy

• Options
    PROMETHIUS88PROMETHIUS88 Posts: 2,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mike, it's been amazing getting to know you and of course, your work the last few months here on the boards. Many thanks for your years of service and somehow still having time to make beautiful storage for our prized collections. I know you are still a young man....compared to some of us old foggies on the boards and I wish you many happy years in your next endeavor. I look forward to more pics of your works of art and I'm pretty sure you need to load up a box truck and set up the Nationals with your storage boxes! We are all very fortunate to have you here in our little world! Again, thank you and best of luck to you and your family!

Promethius881969@yahoo.com
  • Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

Enjoy the retirement. Thank you for your service!

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thank you for your service, Mike.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    FINESTKINDFINESTKIND Posts: 374 ✭✭✭

Thank you for your service Chief.

• Options
    pab1969pab1969 Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

Congrats on joining the retired club and thanks for your service.

• Options
    JBrulesJBrules Posts: 2,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mike thank you for your years of service to this great country. Now it is time to focus on collecting vintage and enjoying the fruits of your service to our country. Look forward to seeing some of your future works of art you create with your boxes.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mike - I have seen you pick up some gems - think the last was a beautiful Reese?

What’s your theme?

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    calaban7calaban7 Posts: 3,002 ✭✭✭

Thank you for your service !!!

" In a time of universal deceit , telling the truth is a revolutionary act " --- George Orwell
  • Options
    SidePocketSidePocket Posts: 2,901 ✭✭✭

congrats on your retirement and thanks for your service!!!

"Molon Labe"

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,032 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats to a fellow brother of the phin. I didn't stay in long enough to retire though. Was a STS on a 637 class boat for 4 years out of Pearl.

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    lilmulelilmule Posts: 999 ✭✭✭✭

@1951WheatiesPremium said:
    Mike - I have seen you pick up some gems - think the last was a beautiful Reese?

What’s your theme?

My theme for cards? I really enjoy collecting vintage HOF Rookies but recently have a bug for the new bowman haha. But there are some cards such as the Reese where you just have't to have the card, such an Iconic card. Thank you all of course for the positive influences, It was an honor.

@mrmopar said:
    Congrats to a fellow brother of the phin. I didn't stay in long enough to retire though. Was a STS on a 637 class boat for 4 years out of Pearl.

Thats where I am currently, been on 4 SSN's out here with the oldest being 724, and thank you for your time and service.

Knotty Hobby Woodworks
    Vintage Rookies
  • Options
    ElvisPElvisP Posts: 1,052 ✭✭✭

Thank you for your service and I hope you have a long and enjoyable retirement!!

• Options
    galaxy27galaxy27 Posts: 7,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

mike i mirror what everyone else has said. words are insufficient, but thank you for your service. and for being a genuinely good egg. if forced to create a top-5 nicest guys list since i've been around, you're on it brother.

something tells me your side hobby may turn out to be a full-time gig. i've already been scheming up all the exotic wood i want to put into play for box #2 at some point in the future. and if you become so inundated with requests that mine takes weeks to log and then another half year to pop, trust me i'm good. let's just say it's an empirical thing.

• Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

Thanks for your service - enjoy your well deserved retirement!

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    krisd3279krisd3279 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭✭

Congrats on the retirement. I hope you get to make as much sawdust as you would like.

Kris

My 1971 Topps adventure - Davis Men in Black