Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Business Definition - Applies to Coin Business - Dub Taylor - Bonanza 1970 “The Horse Traders”

StuartStuart Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 22, 2019 5:14PM in U.S. Coin Forum

Great Dub Taylor “Business” Definition wise quotation that I just saw on ISPNHD DirecTV from Bonanza 1970 episode “The Horse Traders” S11 E26

This certainly applies to the Coin Business (and others) where experience plays a huge role towards the success of a transaction.

👉 “Business is when a man with Money meets a man of Experience. The man with the Experience gets the Money. The man with the Money gets the Experience.” — Very True!! 😁😂🤣👍

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

"Luck is what happens when Preparation meets Opportunity"

Comments

• Options
    JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

In my poker circle we still call multiple big hands “ The Bonanza”. In the TV show it wasn’t uncommeman to see a full house a four of a kind be beat by a straight flush. Poor Little Joe and Hoss they were always on the short end

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • Options
    ADGADG Posts: 423 ✭✭✭

Dub - great character actor. His son Buck was Newly on Gunsmoke.

"The vaccines work,” Trump said, adding that the people who “get very sick and go to the hospital” are unvaccinated.
    “Look, the results of the vaccine are very good, and if you do get it, it’s a very minor form,” Trump continued. “People aren’t dying when they take the vaccine.”
    Do your part, America 💉😷

• Options
    edited May 22, 2019 10:26PM

@ADG Thanks for your following post.👇 I didn’t know that...👍

Thanks for providing this Newly learned information!! 😉

@ADG said:
    Dub - great character actor. His son Buck was Newly on Gunsmoke.

Stuart

Collect 18th & 19th Century US Type Coins, Silver Dollars, $20 Gold Double Eagles and World Crowns & Talers with High Eye Appeal

• Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,729 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are many ways to learn a thing.......

Since the beginning of time the village elders have been trying to tell the village youngsters the way to do things. They do this out of benevolence and a sincere desire to help them avoid the pain of mistakes. Since the beginning of time, the youngsters know better, and chose to obtain their knowledge the hard way.

I don't suppose we'll see this changing any time soon.

:)

• Options
    edited May 23, 2019 7:31AM

@BryceM The School of Hard Knocks is often the best way to remember one’s own mistakes, and to learn to avoid repeating them. 😉

@BryceM said:
    There are many ways to learn a thing.......

Since the beginning of time the village elders have been trying to tell the village youngsters the way to do things. They do this out of benevolence and a sincere desire to help them avoid the pain of mistakes. Since the beginning of time, the youngsters know better, and chose to obtain their knowledge the hard way.

I don't suppose we'll see this changing any time soon.

Stuart

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep... learning comes the easy way or the hard way.... but innovation is the real 'bonanza'...This could take the form of new product, new process or concept....Then the story of how it happened becomes another tool for learning... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,687 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    In my poker circle we still call multiple big hands “ The Bonanza”. In the TV show it wasn’t uncommeman to see a full house a four of a kind be beat by a straight flush. Poor Little Joe and Hoss they were always on the short end

m

In my poker circle we call that cheating.

• Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,036 ✭✭✭✭✭

Has anyone here seen a Bonanza episode with coins appearing in it?

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    edited May 23, 2019 10:54PM

@WillieBoyd2 In reply to your following quotes post: 😁

Bonanza: ”The Gold Detector” Episode (Dec 1967) S9 E14
    Wally Cox ”Cameo” Appearance 😉

(3 min👇Video)

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=SZEpXUuagY0

@WillieBoyd2 said:
    Has anyone here seen a Bonanza episode with coins appearing in it?

Stuart

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Took awhile to find because it took awhile to remember. There is a showing on the digital airwaves somewhere.

—————

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt0042742/

Mister 880 with Burt Lancaster, Dorothy McGuire, Edmund Gwenn, and many others. 1950.

The movie is romantic comedy about the Secret Service search for a counterfeiter.

Found this website with a good synopsis of the movie and it’s a spoiler alert (don’t look before you see the actual movie).

https://brianrxm.com/comdir/cnsmovie_mister880.htm

It’s Friday, while your taking a break: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gWCIYkKFjmU

• Options
    edited May 24, 2019 6:44AM

"Mister 880" is a good film based on a true story but I am wondering what the "spoiler" in the website is.

It is shown early in the film and in the film advertising that the Edmund Gwenn character is "Mister 880" the counterfeiter of one dollar bills.

Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@WillieBoyd2 said:
    "Mister 880" is a good film based on a true story but I am wondering what the "spoiler" in the website is.

It is shown early in the film and in the film advertising that the Edmund Gwenn character is "Mister 880" the counterfeiter of one dollar bills.

Awesome site you have!

The spoiler is for all those who may have never seen the movie before. There are some that like to watch a movie without knowing anything about before it starts and how the story line develops. I’m one of them. :)

Nowadays there aren’t too many new movies of interest and I’ve probably seen too many of the rest.

For myself, I’m with the science (factual) type shows when nothing else is going on.

• Options
    edited May 24, 2019 11:47AM

Thank you Stuart for the Bonanza coin information.

Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    edited May 25, 2019 4:31PM

@WillieBoyd2 said:
    Thank you Stuart for the Bonanza coin information. :)

@WillieBoyd2 You are most welcome! 😁

Thanks also to you for recommending the movie 🎥 Mister 880!!🍿

I watched it last night and really enjoyed it!!

Burt Lancaster is one of my favorite actors, and Dorothy McGuire is always a pleasure to watch! 😉

Edmund Gwenn Is great in this role as a Befuddled Senior Citizen, as he was playing Kris Kringle in ”Miracle on 34th Street.”

Stuart

• Options
    carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭✭✭

Recent article about Mr. 880, with pictures of his counterfeits
    https://thehustle.co/worst-counterfeiter-in-history-mr-880/

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file