Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Tell us about the new coin threads that you created and decided not to post...

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 22, 2019 4:24AM in U.S. Coin Forum

It is never too late!!

;)

Comments

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was going to start a thread complaining about eBay but decided there were already enough threads covering this topic so I deleted it.

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options

@PerryHall said:
    I was going to start a thread complaining about eBay but decided there were already enough threads covering this topic so I deleted it.

Yeah...and CAC is next in the rotation anyway. ;)

• Options
    PerryHallPerryHall Posts: 45,438 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:

@PerryHall said:

Yeah...and CAC is next in the rotation anyway. ;)

We can never have too many CAC threads. ;):D

Worry is the interest you pay on a debt you may not owe.

• Options
    marcmoishmarcmoish Posts: 6,221 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was gonna open a new thread this morning on how annoying it would be to see a thread about deleted post created, and there sat @Coinstartled in all his glory :D

• Options
    ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,334 ✭✭✭✭✭

Was going to start one about a coin that, IMO, was slaughtered in the grading room, but thought better of it.
    Was also going to start one on a coin which, also IMO, is overgraded by at least a point(old blue holder) I sent in for review and they somehow stood by the grade. I thought better of that one too.

Collector, occasional seller

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,902 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2019 9:11AM

No sense beating an apparent dead horse on another 1849/6 H10C...especially when I can just revive a previous thread.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

Mad magazine once did a spread about content that was produced but never printed as it was too edgy even for that publication.

Wish I still had the copy. :)

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled

Watch Mad Magazine’s Edgy, Never-Aired TV Special (1974)

https://youtu.be/w5YqaYtM3QQ

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    ColonelJessupColonelJessup Posts: 6,442 ✭✭✭✭✭

Remarkably, one on this very topic :#

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." - Geo. Orwell
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@1630Boston said:
    @Coinstartled

Watch Mad Magazine’s Edgy, Never-Aired TV Special (1974)

Been a long time since I’ve seen Mad Mag or shows. Time flies.

• Options
    cmerlo1cmerlo1 Posts: 7,891 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually started working on one this morning for this photo, to see if anyone knew what kind of machinery it depicted. It's WAY off-topic so I was planning on photographing a coin from the late 1800's to post with it. Since we're here, does anyone know?

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options
    edited May 22, 2019 3:56PM

@cmerlo1 said:
    I actually started working on one this morning for this photo, to see if anyone knew what kind of machinery it depicted. It's WAY off-topic so I was planning on photographing a coin from the late 1800's to post with it. Since we're here, does anyone know?

Hydroelectric generator (turbine)

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 22, 2019 4:32PM

Maybe we should have a thread where we talk about threads we might post, but are unsure about. So we can flesh out the ideas and get down to the nitty gritty. Maybe sticky it and call it the Possible Threads Thread. :D

Edited to change a word

• Options
    GazesGazes Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Coinstartled said:
    It is never too late!!

;)

obviously an attempt to serendipitously start a CAC thread.... :smile:

• Options

@cmerlo1 said:

Buster Keaton will likely appear in the next frame.

• Options
    coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,768 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have one all written out about my recent customer service encounter earlier this year after the new guy started and CS had supposedly been improved ; but I'd like to continue as a member that has posting privileges so it still sits unposted.

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • Options
    BryceMBryceM Posts: 11,733 ✭✭✭✭✭

There are a couple threads I’d like to go back and un-start. ;)

• Options
    sparky64sparky64 Posts: 7,026 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just posted it.

"If I say something in the woods and my wife isn't there to hear it.....am I still wrong?"

My Washington Quarter Registry set...in progress

• Options
    KindaNewishKindaNewish Posts: 827 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've about 25 in the "my drafts" folder.
    Usually written after drinking, and wisely not posted when reviewed the next morning.

• Options

@Hemispherical said:

@cmerlo1 said:

That was my first thought, but I haven't been able to find one that matches it. All of the images I've found are of vertical generators, not horizontal like this one.

You Suck! Awarded 6/2008- 1901-O Micro O Morgan, 8/2008- 1878 VAM-123 Morgan, 9/2022 1888-O VAM-1B3 H8 Morgan | Senior Regional Representative- ANACS Coin Grading. Posted opinions on coins are my own, and are not an official ANACS opinion.
  • Options

@cmerlo1 said:

@Hemispherical said:

@cmerlo1 said:

That was my first thought, but I haven't been able to find one that matches it. All of the images I've found are of vertical generators, not horizontal like this one.

Took a bit to dig up.

——-

The Niagara Falls Hydroelectric Station

“Starting over one hundred years ago, power companies have used water in the Niagara River to generate electricity. Strangely enough, they don't touch the water which goes over the falls. Instead, about a mile above the falls, much of the river is diverted into pipes which lead it downwards to the generating stations.”

http://spiff.rit.edu/classes/phys213/lectures/niagara/niagara.html

• Options
    SanctionIISanctionII Posts: 11,721 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought about posting threads covering the Langbord lawsuit, decided not to, then changed my mind and did for about ten years.

• Options

@Hemispherical said:

@cmerlo1 said:

@Hemispherical said:

@cmerlo1 said:

Took a bit to dig up.

——-

“Starting over one hundred years ago, power companies have used water in the Niagara River to generate electricity. Strangely enough, they don't touch the water which goes over the falls. Instead, about a mile above the falls, much of the river is diverted into pipes which lead it downwards to the generating stations.”

Wow- thank you!!! That looks like it, right down to the windows in the building. Got the photo at an antique mall for $2.00, so I think I did pretty well.

• Options

@cmerlo1 said:

@Hemispherical said:

@cmerlo1 said:

@Hemispherical said:

@cmerlo1 said:

Took a bit to dig up.

——-

Wow- thank you!!! That looks like it, right down to the windows in the building. Got the photo at an antique mall for $2.00, so I think I did pretty well.

Safer to spin vertically than horizontally. If a turbine fails and comes apart then fragments generally go up or down. Additionally, there should be less damage to other turbines.

If it comes apart, as pictured, pieces will be flung around 360 degrees and being around while that occurs is probably not conducive to one’s health. Other turbines will be hit and fail and etc.

• Options
    ReadyFireAimReadyFireAim Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a dream about a re-education camp for coin dealers that was surrounded by barbed wire & dogs that I was going to share.

• Options
    HallcoHallco Posts: 3,627 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2019 3:36PM

Coin phrases used by non-coin focused people in life(such as " I wouldn't give you "one red cent" for that pos car you are selling"! B) But I didn't think there would be too many! Lol

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

Is This A Double Die? and then proceed to argue with anyone who says it isn't.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file