Home U.S. Coin Forum

2 year anniversary, YN-Emily, Reflections

TunisTunis Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭

I was reviewing my first post and here are my reflections in no particular order.
Emily-my 13 year old daughter
-has no use for coins in plastic
-does not know about CAC, or care
-loves to search rolls of coins from the credit union
-loves to find “toned coins”
-gets excited finding silver
-more excited filling holes in her Whitman folders
Paul-myself
-still like proof cents
-dimes are too small to collect
-decided on Bust Halves, angry at money spent in the beginning on my education
-PCGS only for my purchases
-Like CAC
-met some really good people on the website who have helped Emily with her collection and have imparted their knowledge to me.
-my father passed this last December and he is the one who inspired Emily and me to start our collections.
Glad to be part of this community!!
Paul

Successful buys on BST board from NotSure, Nankraut, Yorkshireman, Astrorat, Ikeigwin(2x), Bob13, Outhaul, coinbuf, dpvilla, jayPem, Sean1990, TwoKopeiki, bidask, Downtown1974, drddm, nederveit2

Comments

• ChangeInHistoryChangeInHistory Posts: 3,004 ✭✭✭✭✭

Its great you both have a connection to your dad through collecting. It's really great she's still interested at 13!

I'm also glad to be part of the forum. :)

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,208 ✭✭✭✭✭

Who is doing it right? Both of you as long as you are happy with what you collect.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

The teen years! Glad your young one still has an interest in the hobby. The interest will will wax and wane through the years but the hope is that it will always be there.

Thank you for sharing your reflections @Tunis.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great post

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

That’s awesome if you want some world coins NC send me DM and address I will send out some thing for her collection.

Kathy

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Neat post.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Great post.... I have no idea what my first posts were about.... and after 20+ years, there is no way they could be found... One total forum software restart.. and two subsequent revisions, lost a lot of history. Interesting that your daughter is actively participating....my daughters (much older) only have occasional sparks of interest when they receive an odd coin in change...Then I get the inquiries..."What is this coin Dad??".... The occasional silver coin shows up though.... Cheers, RickO

• carabonnaircarabonnair Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭✭✭

Glad to hear your enthusiasm! I think you two might be perfect for the ANA's Summer Seminar https://www.money.org/summer-seminar
    If it's a stretch, you might consider next year - there are scholarships available for adults and YNs.

• coinbufcoinbuf Posts: 10,712 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice father and daughter time, kuddios

My Lincoln Registry
    My Collection of Old Holders

Never a slave to one plastic brand will I ever be.
  • TunisTunis Posts: 429 ✭✭✭✭

Just a huge thank you for all who contributed to my daughter’s Lincoln cent collection. It was greatly appreciated. Pics to follow.

Successful buys on BST board from NotSure, Nankraut, Yorkshireman, Astrorat, Ikeigwin(2x), Bob13, Outhaul, coinbuf, dpvilla, jayPem, Sean1990, TwoKopeiki, bidask, Downtown1974, drddm, nederveit2

• IntueorIntueor Posts: 310 ✭✭✭✭

@Tunis & Emily
    Go, Girl! This is the best way to learn and collect. If you keep it up, you will remember that is one of the best times you will ever have with your dad (and vise versa). May all your "finds" be special.

unus multorum
  • Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

I love story's like this !!! :)

Timbuk3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file