Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

A new "bug" Heather. 1,000 comments and no badge....Edit, my bad per notice of comments/response.

PocketArtPocketArt Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 20, 2019 6:43PM in U.S. Coin Forum

@HeatherBoyd , I have over 1,000 comments, and have not received a badge for the 1,000 comment mark as others had.

Just reporting bug, oh boy, maybe get a bug badge?! :p

Comments

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2019 5:07PM

It's worse than that === none of the badges have pins or magnets, so they don't stick to a suit coat. :( the agony :(

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2019 5:19PM

I don’t think you get a badge for reaching a thousand points. You did receive a new rank and a fifth star to the right of your user name.
    Edited to add...I confused comments with points. Hemispherical is correct.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2019 5:13PM

@PocketArt said:
    @HeatherBoyd , I have over 1,000 comments, and have not received a badge for the 1,000 comment mark as others had.

964 comments and 78 threads

Need 36 comments.

• Options

@RogerB said:
    It's worse than that === none of the badges have pins or magnets, so they don't stick to a suit coat. :( the agony :(

Lord I hope not, right? Tremendous agony...painful,..but...I still want a bug badge. FWIW.

• Options

@Downtown1974 said:
    I don’t think you get a badge for reaching a thousand points. You did receive a new rank and a fifth star to the right of your user name.

I reached 1,000 comments. Should get badge for that.

• Options

@Hemispherical said:

@PocketArt said:

Need 36 comments.

What? No...

Username PocketArt Joined September 12, 2016 1:40PM Visits 237 Last Active May 20, 2019 8:16PM Roles Members Points 1,105 Posts 1,044 Badges 18

Posts 1,044.....bug alert!!

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

The last time I crossed some threshold, it took maybe two weeks to get a badge.

I come here for the scoops, the information and the misinformation.

• Options
    edited May 20, 2019 5:30PM

@PocketArt said:

@Hemispherical said:

@PocketArt said:

Need 36 comments.

What? No...

Username PocketArt Joined September 12, 2016 1:40PM Visits 237 Last Active May 20, 2019 8:16PM Roles Members Points 1,105 Posts 1,044 Badges 18

Now, 33 to go. :D

https://forums.collectors.com/profile/PocketArt

• Options
    edited May 20, 2019 5:42PM

@BillDugan1959 said:
    The last time I crossed some threshold, it took maybe two weeks to get a badge.

I come here for the scoops, the information and the misinformation.

Same here,..

I do like to collect,...yet I appreciate order. Even though my concern is as worthless as a parking lot damaged post '82 cent; I do respect order, as mundane as it is, and perhaps worthless,...I just appreciate continuity through discourse, and the frivolous awards given through the journey. Even though they amount to nothing...as I am a collector, opportunist, and purveyor of rarities...so, that bug badge is a rarity here......, even though worthless, I want it! :p

• Options
    dcarrdcarr Posts: 7,998 ✭✭✭✭✭

My stats page says I have 2.4K likes.
    But my badges only show 500.
    What is the next threshold of "likes" for the next badge ?

• Options

@Hemispherical said:

@PocketArt said:

@Hemispherical said:

@PocketArt said:

Need 36 comments.

What? No...

Now, 33 to go. :D

https://forums.collectors.com/profile/PocketArt

No! How do you get that???? I am over 1,000 comments. I'm on the path to my bug badge...just watch! :) Watchh... B);):#

• Options

@dcarr said:

Honestly, I believe all post counts were not factored before the change over that occurred a few years ago with software update/change. So comments, etc., before change are not counted, and would not reflect current posts, points, etc.

• Options

Including exact anniversary dates...should get two bug badges for that! :p

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's a forum for education, not badges.

• Options

@dcarr said:

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1014994/cu-forum-badges

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

You have over a thousand posts but under a thousand comments, posts don't count only comments. Like Hemi said you have about 33 to go. Looks like comments badges are given at 500, 1000, 2500, 5000. Badges for likes, agrees & LOL's stop at 500. That is just my dumb guess, I am still kinda new here and not sure how it all works.

You may get the Bug Badge after all.... for bugging Heather about a badge you haven't earned yet. LOL :D
    Great idea, if it works for you I'm gonna bug her too. ;)

• Options
    edited May 20, 2019 6:15PM

There! I just gave you a LOL and you now have 100 and got a badge for it. :D

" You'll be an MVP in no time! "

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    You have over a thousand posts but under a thousand comments, posts don't count only comments. Like Hemi said you have about 33 to go. Looks like comments badges are given at 500, 1000, 2500, 5000. Badges for likes, agrees & LOL's stop at 500. That is just my dumb guess, I am still kinda new here and not sure how it all works.

You may get the Bug Badge after all.... for bugging Heather about a badge you haven't earned yet. LOL :D
    Great idea, if it works for you I'm gonna bug her too. ;)

No, your not dumb. Your the inventor of the three-legged 2005-D buffalo! You're awesome! If anyone should give a blessing to fooling Heather... should come from you, right??? Thanks for the "100" lol though...all dremel's unite for @ifthevamzarockin the great! :D

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1010584/2005-d-nickel-3-legged-buffalo-mint-error-or-alteration-revealed

@Hemispherical you are right...I mistaken the posts, as comments, and never looked at the other stats, lower right on my screen/page....my bad. No bug badge...oh well.

• Options

Yur gonna make me blush! Dang....I'm glad at least 1 person likes me. :) Thank You!

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,681 ✭✭✭✭✭

Some badges, perhaps all of them are on a delay. On my 10th anniversary I checked and didn’t get it. A week or two later it arrived.

• Options

I'm almost at 1000 posts..... maybe I should bid on the Supernova and do a giveaway. :D

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:
    I'm almost at 1000 posts..... maybe I should bid on the Supernova and do a giveaway. :D

Chin up
    Keep em coming sharing is caring.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin said:

IDK- I think you'd have greater success reaching out to your dremel, and polishing a 2005- P, three legged for a matching set...seems to be your niche.

• Options
    edited May 20, 2019 9:10PM

I wish I was that good :)

If I could make 3 leggers like that I would be doing 1913 V's. :D

• Options
    BackroadJunkieBackroadJunkie Posts: 3,745 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ifthevamzarockin said:

Yeah, I hit 1000 likes a couple of weeks ago, and found out there's no badge for it.

sniff.

(If this isn't a first world problem... ;) )

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just checked my badges and when looking at the linked explanation thread, there are several I do not have...and looking at them, there are several I did not know that I had... :D never really focused on them before...Oh well, back to my coins...Cheers, RickO

• Options
    edited May 21, 2019 10:37AM

It’s now 27 @PocketArt. :)

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Go to Ricko's badges and click on them to find what they represent. Agrees and LOL badges stop at 500. Other badges require much higher points.

For those interested, IMO the "Combo" badge, "Bug" badge, and "Answer" badge are the hardest to obtain.

• Options
    HeatherBoydHeatherBoyd Posts: 406 admin

Heather Boyd
    PCGS Senior Director of Marketing

• Options

@HeatherBoyd said:

I do not remember.

But I see your passing through... :D

• Options

I should start, an "officially embarrassed thread..."

Sorry @HeatherBoyd for the nonsense, sorry @ifthevamzarockin for the over-reactive rudeness. You did not deserve that...and thanks @Hemispherical for reminding me to think before I post. Did I forget anyone??? Oh yeah, sorry Mom :(

• Options

@PocketArt said:
    I should start, an "officially embarrassed thread..."

Sorry @HeatherBoyd for the nonsense, sorry @ifthevamzarockin for the over-reactive rudeness. You did not deserve that...and thanks @Hemispherical for reminding me to think before I post. Did I forget anyone??? Oh yeah, sorry Mom :(

All is good @PocketArt! :)

• Options

"sorry @ifthevamzarockin for the over-reactive rudeness. You did not deserve that...and thanks"

????? Not sure what you are talking about..... I thought we were all having a little fun. No offence taken in any way! :)

"I should start, an "officially embarrassed thread..." If you do we can all join in :D

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,836 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 23, 2019 7:18AM

I will like your post, if you need.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file