Home Precious Metals
Options

Does anyone here do custom .999 silver castings?

USMC_6115USMC_6115 Posts: 2,955 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited May 19, 2019 2:42PM in Precious Metals

Looking to have a 5 or 10 ounce USMC Eagle, Globe, and Anchor 3D emblem done... Long shot???

Like this one without the stand:

Comments

• Options
    CoulportCoulport Posts: 1,087 ✭✭✭

Long shot and expensive.
    The spin caster I have available is limited to 5 oz.
    To do it I would need a model not to exceed the volume to do up to 5 oz of silver.
    I would then need to make a silicone mold using the model. Then one uses that to make a wax.
    Followed by lost wax cast steps.

Or one would need a 3D printer to make a model of the size you want if no model is available. A larger spin caster would be needed or it could be poured by hand.

Good luck.

The most money I made are on coins I haven't sold.

Got quoins?
  • Options
    edited May 19, 2019 7:51PM

:/
    Oh well.. worth a try

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just curious...what size/weight is the item in your post - without the stand.....I guess I can google it if you do not know....Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko that's just representative of the EGA.. That one is actually made of resin of some type..

• Options

@massscrew ....Thanks for the reply.....Thinking about getting one for my son-in-law... a former Marine...Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko Michael at MK Barz said he would do it.. for a 5 ounce 2d he wants $150 and for a 3D he wants $200.. package deal perhaps? :)

• Options

@massscrew....Thank you, I will consider it....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    morbidstevemorbidsteve Posts: 571 ✭✭✭

@massscrew said:
    @ricko Michael at MK Barz said he would do it.. for a 5 ounce 2d he wants $150 and for a 3D he wants $200.. package deal perhaps? :)

Did you end up ordering one?
    Did you get renders of what they'd look like? I might be in!

• Options

I actually got busy and forgot :( It would be great if you @ricko and I jump in on this and maybe get a deal... I don't have any renders, but I know they do great work..

I'm willing to work on it if there's interest - Semper Fi!

• Options

I did not follow through.... Have been involved in other things lately. This idea is on hold for now.... Cheers, RickO