Home Sports Talk
Options

Late inning no hitter question (s).

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

You are at the game cheering for your favorite team. Opposing pitcher has taken a no no into the ninth. Your team is down 4 runs. Are you cheering for the no hit or do you want your hitter to break it up?

Comments

• Options

Unless it was a real Ass of a pitcher...I want to see the no hitter!

• Options
    vettfanaticvettfanatic Posts: 643 ✭✭✭

I want to see my team break it up. However if they do not and the opposing pitcher completes the no hitter I will applaud his great performance.

Great question
    Jeff

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,213 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's a regular season meaningless game...........no hitter, but only since I have never seen one.

Otherwise I always want my team to do well.

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options
    bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

if there is any possibility of a no hitter then yes there will be a thread about it. In which some will complain about the pitcher being pulled and others will also complain he wasn't pulled and a 3rd group will complain about something unrelated to either. A 4th group will mention the anthem , a 5th group will suggest racism and Hitler might come up also.

• Options
    keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a "homer" so I always want my Team to come out on top. in the described scenario I want it broken up with a five-run rally. either way I still would stand applaud for the opposing pitcher when his bid is shattered or he succeeds.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@keets said:
    I am a "homer" so I always want my Team to come out on top. in the described scenario I want it broken up with a five-run rally. either way I still would stand applaud for the opposing pitcher when his bid is shattered or he succeeds.

Totally agree.....I want my team to break it up....chase the guy out and give him the loss.

What in the WORLD is with you and no hitters!!!???

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@keets said:

Totally agree.....I want my team to break it up....chase the guy out and give him the loss.

What in the WORLD is with you and no hitters!!!???

It is the shining light in a long and tedious season with too many teams clogging up the playoffs.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

It's baseball. Your team is never out of it.

• Options

Unless it is Nolan Ryan hurling 110 MPH fastballs.

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,243 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you pull him early.

Or leave him in.

His rookie card is nice, though.

I thought anthem performance was great.

Hitler was a racist.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest