Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

USPS screws up again

ExbritExbrit Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭✭

The package is not addressed to the Dallas area - which went out for delivery and now appears lost. We will see if it ever turns up. Priority mail at its best. At least they apologized which is a first - at least for me.

May 14, 2019, 10:18 pm
Awaiting Delivery Scan
The delivery status of your item has not been updated as of May 14, 2019, 10:18 pm. We apologize that it may arrive later than expected.
May 14, 2019, 1:59 pm
Departed USPS Facility
DALLAS, TX 75247
May 14, 2019, 8:18 am
Out for Delivery
DALLAS, TX 75247
May 14, 2019, 8:08 am
Sorting Complete
DALLAS, TX 75247
May 14, 2019, 6:07 am
Arrived at Post Office
DALLAS, TX 75247
May 14, 2019, 5:48 am
Arrived at USPS Facility
DALLAS, TX 75247
May 14, 2019, 5:28 am
Departed USPS Regional Facility
DALLAS TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
May 14, 2019, 1:21 am
Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
May 14, 2019, 12:40 am
COPPELL TX DISTRIBUTION CENTER
May 13, 2019, 11:47 pm
Arrived at USPS Regional Origin Facility
May 13, 2019, 10:32 pm
Accepted at USPS Regional Origin Facility

Comments

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Any USPS truck accidents in the area?

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

big worries when a package is going out for delivery in Dallas and it's not going to Dallas. where was the package suppose to go? I have a feeling this will turn out good anyway

• Options
    BillDugan1959BillDugan1959 Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

Quite a few USPS packages received in the last two weeks - maybe 20 - service with a smile, very prompt, often from the East Coast or the Left Coast to the very heart of flyover country in just four or even three days. Can't fault the USPS, fine gentlemen and ladies.

• Options
    edited May 18, 2019 1:47PM

enouth of my grips - USPS normally does a nice job and besides, it's hot out. I'll give them a pass on this one if I receive my package.

• Options
    bestdaybestday Posts: 4,220 ✭✭✭✭

@Exbrit said:
    The package is not addressed to the Dallas area - which went out for delivery and now appears lost. We will see if it ever turns up. Priority mail at its best. At least they apologized which is a first - at least for me.

May 14, 2019, 10:18 pm
    Awaiting Delivery Scan
    The delivery status of your item has not been updated as of May 14, 2019, 10:18 pm. We apologize that it may arrive later than expected.
    May 14, 2019, 1:59 pm
    Departed USPS Facility
    DALLAS, TX 75247
    May 14, 2019, 8:18 am
    Out for Delivery
    DALLAS, TX 75247
    May 14, 2019, 8:08 am
    Sorting Complete
    DALLAS, TX 75247
    May 14, 2019, 6:07 am
    Arrived at Post Office
    DALLAS, TX 75247
    May 14, 2019, 5:48 am
    Arrived at USPS Facility
    DALLAS, TX 75247
    May 14, 2019, 5:28 am
    May 14, 2019, 1:21 am
    Arrived at USPS Regional Facility
    May 14, 2019, 12:40 am
    May 13, 2019, 11:47 pm
    May 13, 2019, 10:32 pm
    Accepted at USPS Regional Origin Facility

not lost.. stolen

• Options
    logger7logger7 Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wouldn't want to keep a package that wasn't mine even if it were super valuable. It belongs with the rightful owner.

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recently had a Priority Mail envelope (mailed from a NJ address with my state tax return in it) circle around western Pennsylvania for about 10 days between the same 3 post office locations. Finally someone figured it out and tracking showed a message that they recognized a problem and were taking steps to fix it. About 5 days later it made it to Trenton, NJ.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    ajaanajaan Posts: 17,116 ✭✭✭✭✭

I had a similar experience. Package addressed to CA. It ended up in OR and 5 times it was attempted delivery. Finally I had my local PO call the PO in OR and tell them to physically grab the package and direct it to CA. I was told a real person never looked at the address, only an electronic device did, so no one noticed the package was addressed to a CA address.

DPOTD-3
    'Emancipate yourselves from mental slavery'

CU #3245 B.N.A. #428

Don
  • Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 31,916 ✭✭✭✭✭

Could you please start a thread every time they get it right?

Or maybe we could start a thread with a list of every mistake you make in a day?

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,946 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 18, 2019 6:54PM

@jmlanzaf said:

Or maybe we could start a thread with a list of every mistake you make in a day?

I think we only see these threads when the mistake is off-the-chart stupid.

BTW, I'm perfect. :p

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options

@ms70 said:

@jmlanzaf said:

I think we only see these threads when the mistake is off-the-chart stupid.

BTW, I'm perfect. :p

We don't really know what "off the chart stupid" amounts to. Often, if the package goes astray, it's because the routing barcode is in error. This could be due to something as simple as poor penmanship. So, who's fault is it if the address reader is confused by the written address?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I get a lot of packages, from all over.... and, aside from the occasional round robin (when a package destined for the east, goes west, then comes back), I really have no complaints. One package, a few years ago, was supposed to be delivered, never showed up. However, I was not expecting anything... so no idea why I got the notice... ;) I have had good service from USPS. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    jafo50jafo50 Posts: 330 ✭✭✭

Once that barcode is incorrect you're doomed. The only way around that is to have a human cross it out and re-scan the address.

Successful BST transactions with lordmarcovan, Moldnut, erwindoc

• Options
    derrybderryb Posts: 36,203 ✭✭✭✭✭

@jafo50 said:
    Once that barcode is incorrect you're doomed. The only way around that is to have a human cross it out and re-scan the address.

My carrier advised me not to put clear tape over the barcode.

Keep an open mind, or get financially repressed -Zoltan Pozsar

• Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,478 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 20, 2019 4:08AM

Here is mine from this morning:

May 19, 2019
    In Transit, Arriving Late
    Your package will arrive later than expected, but is still on its way. It is currently in transit to the next facility.

May 17, 2019, 8:31 pm
    SHREWSBURY MA DISTRIBUTION CENTER

May 17, 2019, 7:16 pm
    Accepted at USPS Origin Facility
    CONCORD, MA 01742

May 17, 2019, 1:27 pm
    Shipment Received, Package Acceptance Pending
    CONCORD, MA 01742

May 17, 2019
    Pre-Shipment Info Sent to USPS, USPS Awaiting Item

From Northeastcoin.com - oh the perfidy, I'm dying of anticipation.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just had a package tracked DELIVERED not even in my city. I kissed that baby goodbye. Showed up in my mailbox the next day.

• Options

@JimTyler said:
    I just had a package tracked DELIVERED not even in my city. I kissed that baby goodbye. Showed up in my mailbox the next day.

There's something weird with the USPS database lately. It sometimes give faulty locations and then it gets corrected. Not sure why. I had a similar thing happen to you, several times.

• Options

My barcode and address were computer generated by a company that sends items to me frequently. That was not the issue. Supposedly, my item arrived back in Dallas were it was dropped off using priority mail - six days ago. USPS is looking into it.

USPS actually asked the value of the item. Not a good sign.

• Options

@Exbrit said:
    My barcode and address were computer generated by a company that sends items to me frequently. That was not the issue. Supposedly, my item arrived back in Dallas were it was dropped off using priority mail - six days ago. USPS is looking into it.

All it takes is a little water and some ink smudges.

• Options
    smalltimesmalltime Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

I had a similar situation with a package bouncing around between Atlanta and Florida for over a month.. Went to the USPS website and filed the missing package report.. They found it and sent it back to me within a week. It had an incorrect zip code. IF you can, send a picture in the report of what the package looks like.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

USPS conveyor sorting, etc. Important to have legible addresses and barcodes.

Basically, all the mailing systems use something similar and let’s not forget the big online retailers do the same.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=2Nw0SF7Z-Xo

The commentary is mutable.

• Options

True enough - but the water might have to > @jmlanzaf said:

@Exbrit said:

All it takes is a little water and some ink smudges.

Good news - after the sender, a big hitter, intervened - the package got on track and arrived a few minutes ago. The label was perfect - so that was not the problem. 9 days isn't too bad for priority shipping I guess as long as it arrived where it was supposed to in the end.

On the majority of cases - USPS does a very good job. This is the third time that something like this has happened - once from Texas, Florida and Illinois -- this year. Their batting average is still high, however.

End of rant!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file