Home U.S. Coin Forum

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep, turned him in several times in the past couple of weeks. Sent a note and he apologized and said he didn't know. Said he'd go to a coin shop....obviously that didn't happen. Same coins....will just report tonight, though.
    bob :(

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    davidkdavidk Posts: 275 ✭✭✭

Reported.

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reported.
    At least one of the "gold" dollars us gone.

• Options
    1Mike11Mike1 Posts: 4,414 ✭✭✭✭✭

No. I see they are gone now.

"May the silver waves that bear you heavenward be filled with love’s whisperings"

"A dog breaks your heart only one time and that is when they pass on". Unknown
  • Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

looks like they went poof

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭

When have you seen someone go to prison for eBay sales.
    Slap on the wrist and loss of a free listing more likely.

• Options
    EdtheloraxEdthelorax Posts: 229 ✭✭✭

If anyone can provide diagnostics proving any listing is fake, I can try to have them removed. It usually is successful. Assume I know nothing (which is close to truth) and describe accurately how you are absolutely positive without any doubt that it can be proven fake then PM me.
    Anyone can PM me any time, with any counterfeit listing. I hope to hear about the 80-S before 5AM 5/19/2019. After that, it will likely sell to some unlucky noob.

http://www.silverstocker.com
    Anyone can PM me Any Time about Any thing.

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LindeDad said:
    When have you seen someone go to prison for eBay sales.
    Slap on the wrist and loss of a free listing more likely.

@Edthelorax said:
    If anyone can provide diagnostics proving any listing is fake, I can try to have them removed. It usually is successful. Assume I know nothing (which is close to truth) and describe accurately how you are absolutely positive without any doubt that it can be proven fake then PM me.
    Anyone can PM me any time, with any counterfeit listing. I hope to hear about the 80-S before 5AM 5/19/2019. After that, it will likely sell to some unlucky noob.

Who are you that you have any more pull than us?
    bob

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options
    metalmeistermetalmeister Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

In old times they would hang counterfeiters because it would disrupt commerce.

email: ccacollectibles@yahoo.com

100% Positive BST transactions
  • Options
    toyz4geotoyz4geo Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭✭✭

@JimTyler said:
    If you're an 81 yr old disabled vet, does that mean it's OK to sell counterfeits?

Yes...yes it is. The older you get life in prison is no longer threatening. I've always said if I make it to 90 I'm robbing a bank.

That’s my retirement plan!

• Options
    smalltimesmalltime Posts: 171 ✭✭✭

Many more obvious differences such as the neck with no feathers extended, neck way too far off to the right of body. breast detail and shape is also different. Seriffs on the LL are completely different than original.

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yikes. I'm looking through the feedback to see all the fakes they have sold. This scumbag needs to be in jail.
    https://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback2&ftab=AllFeedback&userid=silvercoins77&iid=-1&de=off&items=25&interval=0&searchInterval=30&mPg=60&page=2

• Options
    MizzouMizzou Posts: 463 ✭✭✭✭

Here's the negative's -

Feedback    From    When

Neutral feedback rating BEWARE...Fake coins ! Buyer: yn ( 66Blue star icon for feedback score in between 50 to 99) During past 6 months
    SELLING 1881-CC MORGAN DOLLAR * Rare ESTATE FIND * (#273793145148) US $105.00 View Item SELLING 1881-CC MORGAN DOLLAR * Rare ESTATE FIND *
    info
    Detailed item information is not available for the following items because the Feedback is over 90 days old.
    Negative feedback rating Item did not match the ebay photo Buyer: l
    r ( 251Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) During past 6 months
    DIS. VET. Selling 1881-S MORGAN DOLLAR 90% SILVERBU RARE FIND (#273683105167) US $68.00
    Negative feedback rating It was artificially toned . Buyer: ge ( 109Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) During past year
    1889-P MORGAN DOLLAR ALMOST PERFECT 90% SILVER (RARE UNC.) (#273516330969) US $39.00
    Neutral feedback rating Sad you have to use being a DAV as an excuse to sell crap. Buyer: l
    c ( 398Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) During past year
    1878-S Morgan 90% Silver Dollar UNC. CONDITION**** "A REAL BEAUTY"*** (#273181627062) US $56.95
    Neutral feedback rating An honest DAV should have more pride Buyer: lc ( 398Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) During past year
    1879-S Morgan 90% Silver Dollar **** "A REAL BEAUTY"
    (#273182235343) US $47.95
    Negative feedback rating WARNING: TOTAL SCAM. DO NOT TRUST THIS SELLER. Buyer: n7 ( 1096Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999) During past year
    VETERAN SELLING 1923-D PEACE DOLLAR ***PRICED TO SELL
    (#273210708232) US $41.00
    Negative feedback rating Paid top dollar for a mass produced artificially toned coin because of message. Buyer: r*e ( 791Purple star icon for feedback score in between 500 to 999) More than a year ago
    1923-S KEY 90% Silver PEACE DOLLAR ** Disable Vet Selling Collection
    (#273148803091) US $43.95
    Negative feedback rating coin was artificially toned Buyer: v***h ( 128Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) More than a year ago
    Disable Vet Selling 1886 Morgan 90% Silver Dollar ( UNCIRCULATED ) (#273031476291) US $42.95
    Neutral feedback rating Lesson learned. There is a reason a photo is tilted....it is to hide defects. Buyer: 6***6 ( 302Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) More than a year ago
    1946-S Lincoln Cent ( YOU GRADE ) (#272779642003) US $2.00
    Negative feedback rating never received , got re-funded Buyer: g***d ( 1969Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999) More than a year ago
    Toned 1942-S Mercury Dime 90% SILVER UNC. (#272758153039) US $10.95
    Neutral feedback rating One of the better quality SAE's I've bough on Ebay. Shipping was a little slow. Buyer: e***1 ( 182Teal star icon for feedback score in between 100 to 499) More than a year ago
    2008 American Silver Eagle From Roll UNC. Bullion Coin (#280513911376)

Sometimes I think that animals are smarter than humans, animals would never allow the dumbest one to lead the pack

• Options
    TroyWTroyW Posts: 42 ✭✭

There is an alleged disabled vet that is selling what look like fakes and his claims that he finds among other things, multiple 1916D dimes in a jar is pathetic.

I should create a fake account, buy all his stuff up, return everything for not being accurately described and then send him back phot copies.

I just don't buy the guys story and his profile picture to me looks like he stole off the internet because it looks like a team USA sporting event for disabled veterans.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Old thread.

Answer to the OP is still an emphatic, “No!”

• Options
    TwoSides2aCoinTwoSides2aCoin Posts: 43,851 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is what prompted chop marks on our trade dollars. Counterfeiters.

• Options
    coinpalicecoinpalice Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭✭✭

he just posted 8 more fakes right now

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@coinpalice said:
    he just posted 8 more fakes right now

The 1878 S Morgan's are A/T but appear to be genuine.

• Options
    YQQYQQ Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭✭✭

AT is not illegal. happens every day. AT fakes are illegal and perhaps harder to detect because of the toning.

Today is the first day of the rest of my life
  • Options
    WillieBoyd2WillieBoyd2 Posts: 5,038 ✭✭✭✭✭

One of his buddies is member "givemefist".

I wonder what HE sells.

:)

https://www.brianrxm.com
    The Mysterious Egyptian Magic Coin
    Coins in Movies
    Coins on Television

• Options
    ARCOARCO Posts: 4,313 ✭✭✭✭✭

I wonder who loses more - A collector ripped off paying $50 for a counterfeit, or, a collector who loses 50% on a coin that was authentic but greatly overpriced?

My guess is the latter.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file