Home Precious Metals
Options

Time to go Werewolf Hunting........

I bought this silver revolver from my local coin shop. It’s sterling silver (.925 fine). The revolver was hand casted by an artisan from my city. My coin shop sells his wares to the public.

Comments

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

What's the weight?

• Options
    MrMonkeySwag96MrMonkeySwag96 Posts: 118 ✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:
    What's the weight?

Not sure, the weight isn’t stamped on it. I didn’t weigh it either. I bought it solely as an art piece. Paid $40 for it.

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

@MrMonkeySwag96 said:

@thisistheshow said:
    What's the weight?

Not sure, the weight isn’t stamped on it. I didn’t weigh it either. I bought it solely as an art piece. Paid $40 for it.

Sometimes I will see stuff like this unmarked and I feel like they should stamp it with weight and metal content. I think that would make buyers more comfortable.

• Options
    MrMonkeySwag96MrMonkeySwag96 Posts: 118 ✭✭✭

@thisistheshow said:

@MrMonkeySwag96 said:

@thisistheshow said:
    What's the weight?

Sometimes I will see stuff like this unmarked and I feel like they should stamp it with weight and metal content. I think that would make buyers more comfortable.

I agree. The poured silver pieces I purchase are stamped with the weight and purity. For some reason, I don’t see that on cast silver pieces.

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool, I like it !!! B)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I definitely like it....Looks like an S&W model 29-2, .44 mag. I prefer my silver items to have weight and purity, but sometimes, such as this, they must be accepted 'as is'....Cheers, RickO