Home Precious Metals

Comments

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

They (APMEX) do have good deals on Au.

• Options
    taxmadtaxmad Posts: 960 ✭✭✭✭

Be careful checking out. This is listed in the Jewelry category, so there is a good chance you will pay sales tax

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@taxmad said:
    Be careful checking out. This is listed in the Jewelry category, so there is a good chance you will pay sales tax

Hate when that happens. All the benefits of the bucks wiped out by taxes.

Thanks for the heads-up @taxmad.

• Options
    BochimanBochiman Posts: 25,304 ✭✭✭✭✭

@taxmad said:

Yep, as I mentioned in the other thread yesterday, that tax bite is what kept me from getting it last time.... :(

I've been told I tolerate fools poorly...that may explain things if I have a problem with you. Current ebay items - Nothing at the moment

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a nasty surprise.... get a good deal and then get tax-whacked..... Taxation, in it's multiple forms, is getting way out of hand. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    MorganMan94MorganMan94 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't even buy coins off of eBay currently due to the new law requiring eBay to collect sales tax on behalf of the states. Coins and bullion in Iowa are exempt but eBay still charges me tax. First time I checked out with tax I thought it would be refunded but it never came, I called eBay and they said they are working on a solution but there is nothing they can do for me.

• Options
    dennis1219dennis1219 Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

eBay bucks deals are becoming harder to find. Second straight promo I let slip by with without finding any gold I wanted.☹️

• Options
    MsMorrisineMsMorrisine Posts: 32,219 ✭✭✭✭✭

Apmex has a bad algorithm for CT.

Buy 2 different items, the one under $1,000 will be taxed even if total or even if the other is over $1,000

Current maintainer of Stone's Master List of Favorite Websites // My BST transactions