Home Precious Metals
Options

Engelhard Australia 2oz bar type set finally complete!

ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't know if anyone here is familiar with the varieties of the Engelhard Australia 2 oz bars. I initially bought one back in 2016 and liked the bar, then while on the internet, I found a discussion on one of the silver stacker forums that discussed the different varieties of these 2oz bars. I wasn't even aware of this and was intrigued. I set out to find them all but had the hardest time finding the type 2-S. Well last week I finally located one!

Apparently they started these out putting serial numbers on them but, as you can see in the picture, they applied kinda sloppy and they abandoned the process of applying serial numbers on them. There are about a 1,000 bars with serial numbers, the rest have none. But to make it more interesting, they had some with the separate 2 punched and some with it in the same punch see picture below It makes a total of 4 different kinds to seek out. It took me over 2 years to finally find the type 2S!

If you search the internet, you'll see the discussion explaining it further. I'm not a member on the site and don't know the members, so I don't feel comfortable linking the discussion here, but it can be found pretty easily.

Comments