Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Scissors are dangerous things. Added the completed card

alifaxwa2alifaxwa2 Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

Here is the final card completed. I hope you all like it.

Not even the most drastic chop job I have done for a customer.
I'll post the finished card when its done.

Looking to have some custom cuts or plain custom cards built? PM me.

Commissions

Check out my Facebook page

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,059 ✭✭✭✭✭

Reminds me of trimming my finger nails. Can't get them even. Just keep getting lower, and lower, then I can't go any lower because it's starting to hurt.

• Options
    ahopkinsahopkins Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭✭✭

Alas. Why?

Andy

• Options
    seablasterseablaster Posts: 188 ✭✭✭

@doubledragon said:
    Reminds me of trimming my finger nails. Can't get them even. Just keep getting lower, and lower, then I can't go any lower because it's starting to hurt.

I'd suggest nail clippers instead of scissors for this particular task. I think you'd achieve a better result.

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭✭

what a shame

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    LarkinCollectorLarkinCollector Posts: 8,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

This makes me sad.

• Options
    DBesse27DBesse27 Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭✭✭

@LarkinCollector said:
    This makes me sad.

Me too, especially since the cut is jagged and eliminates part of the autograph :(

Yaz Master Set
    #1 Gino Cappelletti master set
    #1 John Hannah master set

Also collecting Andre Tippett, Patriots Greats' RCs, 1964 Venezuelan Topps, 1974 Topps Red Sox

• Options

@DBesse27 said:

@LarkinCollector said:
    This makes me sad.

Me too, especially since the cut is jagged and eliminates part of the autograph :(

The jagged cut will be hidden when its built into a card.
    We decided the tail wasted too much space once the design was applied.

Commissions

• Options
    Walt_AltmenWalt_Altmen Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

So much for waiving the white flag.

• Options
    wadevlwadevl Posts: 224 ✭✭✭

Egshhhh

Lucky
    BIGLEAGUE SportsCards
    "Respect The Hobby"
    www.bigleaguesc.com
    https://www.ebay.com/str/bigleagueseller
  • Options
    JimTylerJimTyler Posts: 3,060 ✭✭✭✭✭

How the hell does something like that happen ?

• Options
    coinpro76coinpro76 Posts: 366 ✭✭✭

wtf.....

all around collector of many fine things

• Options
    AANVAANV Posts: 331 ✭✭✭

I'm not sure why everyone is giving you such a hard time over this. It's not like you cut up an item that was worth substantially more than just the Tiger Woods autograph. 95% of the value of that flag is based on the fact that Tiger Woods signed it. If the autograph presents better in a custom card format rather than on the complete flag, then that's up to the collector to decide.

• Options
    ArtVandelayArtVandelay Posts: 647 ✭✭✭✭

:s

• Options

@seablaster said:

@doubledragon said:

I'd suggest nail clippers instead of scissors for this particular task. I think you'd achieve a better result.

If my toe nails need trimming, and I make a mistake, then I'm limping for at least 3 days.😉

• Options

Guys, I completely understand the angst and disappointment. I knew this post would elicit that response, which is why I gave it the title that I did.
    I have made hundreds of customs, occasionally I am asked to cut up interesting multis like this one, or the occasional 90year old document, nothing of historical significance, just old.

Commissions

• Options

I have added the completed card to the OP.

Commissions

• Options
    JoeBanzaiJoeBanzai Posts: 11,241 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice job on the card! I care nothing about golf or Tiger, so no opinion on the flag cutting.

Now if it was Palmer, Nicklaus, Player, Trevino etc, I might take you to task! lol

2013,14 and 15 Certificate Award Winner Harmon Killebrew Master Set and Master Topps Set
  • Options

Beautiful card. One of a kind.

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Would have been a cool item to frame on its own. I guess the owner can do what he wants with it though.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    swartz1swartz1 Posts: 4,911 ✭✭✭

Love the card!

Looking for 1970 MLB Photostamps
    - uncut

Positive Transactions - tennesseebanker, Ahmanfan, Donruss, Colebear, CDsNuts, rbdjr1, Downtown1974, yankeeno7, drewsef, mnolan, mrbud60, msassin, RipublicaninMass, AkbarClone, rustywilly, lsutigers1973, julen23 and nam812, plus many others...
  • Options
    flcardtraderflcardtrader Posts: 788 ✭✭✭

As usual, awesome work!

Thanks for sharing as your 1/1's never get old

flcardtrader@yahoo.com
    Website
    Shopify Store
    Ebay Store
  • Options
    byronscott4everbyronscott4ever Posts: 932 ✭✭✭

I wonder if Woods would have signed that if it was entirely blank

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,540 ✭✭✭✭✭

What are the dimensions of the finished product?

• Options
    Desert_Ice_SportsDesert_Ice_Sports Posts: 285 ✭✭✭

Definitely a cool-looking card, well done.

But, I have to ask the obvious question: Couldn't someone have found a suitable Tiger auto without ruining a piece of history? It's not as if Tiger autos are rare.

DesertIceSports.Com

• Options
    Walt_AltmenWalt_Altmen Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

Just find it odd someone would request for a flag auto to be used as a cut for a card. Ink typically bleeds out and is susceptible to fading quicker over time.

Great looking card though!

• Options

3.5x5

@nam812 said:
    What are the dimensions of the finished product?

Commissions

• Options

@Walt_Altmen said:
    Just find it odd someone would request for a flag auto to be used as a cut for a card. Ink typically bleeds out and is susceptible to fading quicker over time.

Thanks.
    Pretty sure he intends to fllp it.

Commissions

• Options

@alifaxwa2 said:

@Walt_Altmen said:

Thanks.
    Pretty sure he intends to fllp it.

If he does flip it, I'm sure it will fetch a hefty sum. Tiger Woods cards are on fire, and this card signifies his comeback. Beautiful card. Nice work. Tiger is very popular with fans. They follow him around like Happy Gilmore.

• Options

@galaxy27 said:
    just when you think you've seen it all

as someone who is engulfed in numerous graphs-on-flag projects, it feels like i just stared at medusa's face. to each his/her own and i'm not knocking the OP one iota because he has mad skills and was simply obliging a customer, but i simply cannot wrap my mind around this one. hell i'd donate plasma twice a week for three months if i had to in order to purchase a TW sig on an index card before i'd carve a hole into an almost 15-yr-old, $400-$500 flag that's chock-full of inherent coolness and indelible memories. at first blush i spot 8 non-Tiger names on that flag who have won major championships and are providing a synergistic effect, including the dude who actually won that tournament -- Phil Mickelson. now they are all waving bye-bye to Eldrick.

As a rather detached onlooker, I'd need to agree with those who are feeling a slight stab to the soul over this. Does not compute.

• Options
    mrmoparmrmopar Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭✭

Multi-signed pieces are definitely an aquired taste for many. Consider a team signed (or partially team signed as most end up being) ball vs a single signed ball from the teams #1 star. Often times, the single signed ball is "worth" more to most.

A lot of people collect signatures that follow a theme and sometimes they end up grabbing a multi-signed peice because that is what it takes to land the single they are seeking. I try to avoid something like that for my needs, but I am sure I propably have a few examples anyway.

Lastly, when you think about all the stuff we own and deal with, it is all borrowed anyway. Eventually you'll die and your things will move on to new owners. Some pieces may prove to be historic and others will just be another piece. I don't follow golf so probably couldn't recognize a single name on that flag unless I had a list to match them to. Is there anyone else significant on the flag or is the value truly in the Woods signature. Remember, additional signatures don't necessarily mean added value and can sometimes reduce overall value (1927 Yankees team ball vs a Ruth Single signed vs a Ruth with 4 other scrubs on it. I believe they go in that order of value, despite all having Ruth on them).

I collect Steve Garvey, Dodgers and signed cards. Collector since 1978.
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

Eventually you'll die and your things will move on to new owners.

That's why I'm gonna be buried with my stuff.

Mike
  • Options
    GreenSneakersGreenSneakers Posts: 908 ✭✭✭✭

I don’t like golf.
    I don’t collect autos.
    Still irked by this for whatever reason.

Pointing at client, not Alifax. He does great work and if he didn’t cut it someone of lesser talent would have.