Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1914 penny

hello to everybody... i just want to know if this coin have values and errors?.

Comments

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 959 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the forum.

I cannot tell from the pictures, is that a 1914-D? If yes, there would be some value depending upon the grade but it appears to have some serious environmental damage. A cool find of a 105 year old coin!

• Options
    mr1931Smr1931S Posts: 5,975 ✭✭✭✭✭

1944 penny. worth about 2 cents.

Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.-Albert Einstein

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Welcome to the CU forum @Jcb23000.

Your cent suffered quite a bit of post mint trauma. Not worth much except to keep it in a 2x2 until a better specimen is found.

Good luck and have fun in the hobby!

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,521 ✭✭✭✭✭

the second and third numbers seem to far apart from what the pics tell. its kinda difficult to tell. jmo

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jcb23000 said:
    i took more closer of the date. it appears i see double numbers, like the first number of the date.is that an error too?

@Jcb23000 The close-up pics did not help the cent. Now you really can see all the environmental damage (pitting/corrosion) on the coin. If submitted for grading it would more than likely come back as ED and no grade.

Just giving you the heads-up to not waste too much time on that cent. Looking for a better one would be an objective to consider.

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,785 ✭✭✭✭✭

It is fun to scrutinize coins looking for rarities, but in this case you have a battered and damaged cent. The longer you stare at it, the more you will see (or think you see).

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Jcb23000 ....Welcome aboard.... You have a damaged 1944 cent... no numismatic value beyond one cent. Good luck in your searches. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    BUFFNIXXBUFFNIXX Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭✭✭

If you do not want to spend the big buckeroos on a 1914-d this would make a splendid hole plugger.

Collector of Buffalo Nickels and other 20th century United States Coinage
    a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"
  • Options
    BUFFNIXXBUFFNIXX Posts: 2,702 ✭✭✭✭✭

A few years ago I cherry picked a crappy 1909-s cent and then later that same year an equally terrible 1914-d.
    Not worth much but the fun was just in finding these two dates. Now I just need to get that 09s-vdb outta change!

Collector of Buffalo Nickels and other 20th century United States Coinage
    a.k.a "The BUFFINATOR"

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file