Home Precious Metals

Best online site for buying AGEs

StupidStupid Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Howdy precious mentals,

What is the best place to buy one ounce American gold eagles? Apmex maybe? They seem to have a good reputation here from what I have read over the years, and I would think this would be a safe place to buy a few from. Also, they have the lowest price that I can see from some quick searching. This would be for PCGS MS69 pieces- no fancy labels needed.

Thanks for your opinions.

Comments

• derrybderryb Posts: 36,584 ✭✭✭✭✭

APMEX, Modern Coin Mart.

Both sell on ebay. Wait for the 8-10% ebay bonus bucks offer via ebay, both usually sell some bullion in an eligible non-bullion category. If you haven't signed up for ebay bucks, do so. Also, opting in for the 8-10% bonus bucks is another step. Signing up has been discussed on the forum many times use the search feature.

There are many not so big name, trustworthy bullion sellers on ebay. If you find a good deal with one, ask here for feedback.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• StupidStupid Posts: 558 ✭✭✭

Thanks derryb. I am signed up for the eBay bonus bucks, but hardly ever seem to get them on my account. I don’t sell on eBay, so maybe this has at least a little something to do with this.

Anyway, I will keep looking for the bonus and these buyers, and ask questions about others if needed.

Thanks again.

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,634 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yup, what derryb said. You'll get good guidance here.

On another note, I never get eBay bonus bucks offers. I never paid much attention to it, but exactly how does that happen?

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.

@jmski52 said:
    Yup, what derryb said. You'll get good guidance here.

On another note, I never get eBay bonus bucks offers. I never paid much attention to it, but exactly how does that happen?

never on my store account, never on my other selling account, only on buying account.

"How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn’t see?” - Bob Dylan

• jmski52jmski52 Posts: 22,634 ✭✭✭✭✭

So, it's necessary to have two accounts that split buying from selling?

Q: Are You Printing Money? Bernanke: Not Literally

I knew it would happen.
  • rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I buy on ebay...never sell... but have not seen the ebucks offer... guess I should check it out and figure out how to sign up for it. Cheers, RickO

@jmski52 said:
    So, it's necessary to have two accounts that split buying from selling?

Well, if you're gonna resell something you bought on ebay probably not a good idea for your buyer to know what you paid for it. Never a bad idea to have a backup ebay and paypal account. Some people have four of each. :*

• blitzdudeblitzdude Posts: 5,742 ✭✭✭✭✭

Never sell on Feebay, multiple accounts all get bonus buck offers, just have to sign up for them that is all. Like others suggest wait for bonus period, always can find bullion listed in non bullion category, especially slabbed bullion that ends up well under spot with the promotion. Good luck.

The whole worlds off its rocker, buy Gold™.