Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Giveaway!!! When will the 12 and 14 both change? Hey, We have a WINNER! Finally.

joeykoinsjoeykoins Posts: 14,897 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited June 7, 2019 10:52AM in U.S. Coin Forum

Hi guy's. Some of you know how obsessed I've been lately on the prices of Bullion. Well, I decided to have a silly Giveaway on it. The prize won't be much. Just a nice Franklin half. I found in the Coin Star mach recently.
Here are the rules. One guess, no edits. Today is the deadline to post at 12:00 Midnight C.D.T. When will both prices change? Meaning when will both dollar #'s change and get off the $1200 mark for Gold and the $14 dollar mark for Silver? EX: Gold $1303/Silver $16.56. See both numbers changed from $12 and $14 to $13 and $16. You pick the date, not the time of day just the date. As soon as both #'s change I'll announce the winner! If there is a tie I'll draw from a hat. Good Luck guy's. ;) One more thing... In case both prices change before deadline all bets are off! Sorry guys.

"Jesus died for you and for me, Thank you,Jesus"!!!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.

Comments

• Options
    StoogeStooge Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭

June 7th, 2019

Later, Paul.
  • Options
    TunisTunis Posts: 430 ✭✭✭✭

August 23, 2019

Successful buys on BST board from NotSure, Nankraut, Yorkshireman, Astrorat, Ikeigwin(2x), Bob13, Outhaul, coinbuf, dpvilla, jayPem, Sean1990, TwoKopeiki, bidask, Downtown1974, drddm, nederveit2

• Options
    edited May 7, 2019 12:11PM

@Stooge said:
    June 7th, 2019

Stooge you're allowed to change your guess, sorry! No wait! I thought you posted May 7th. You're not allowed to change your guess. Boy oh boy. Sorry buddy my bad!

--- If it should happen I die and leave this world and you want to remember me. Please only remember my opening Sig Line.
  • Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

May 8, 2019 :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options
    JasonGamingJasonGaming Posts: 926 ✭✭✭✭

May 13, 2019

Always buying nice toned coins! Searching for a low grade 1873 Arrows DDO Dime and 1842-O Small Date Quarter.

• Options
    tommy44tommy44 Posts: 2,195 ✭✭✭✭✭

May 14

it's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

• Options
    lkeigwinlkeigwin Posts: 16,887 ✭✭✭✭✭

May 9th
    Lance.

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

What if it gets to 11 and 13?

• Options
    Sandman70gtSandman70gt Posts: 979 ✭✭✭✭✭

July 1

Bst transactions with: dimeman, oih82w8, mercurydimeguy, dunerlaw, Lakesammman, 2ltdjorn, MattTheRiley, dpvilla, drddm, CommemKing, Relaxn, Yorkshireman, Cucamongacoin, jtlee321, greencopper, coin22lover, coinfolio, lindedad, spummybum, Leeroybrown, flackthat, BryceM, Surfinxhi, VanHalen, astrorat, robkool, Wingsrule, PennyGuy, al410, Ilikecolor, Southcounty, Namvet69, Commemdude, oreville, Leebone

• Options
    JBKJBK Posts: 14,789 ✭✭✭✭✭

May 23, 2019

• Options
    jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,077 ✭✭✭✭✭

May 10th

• Options
    DiggerJimDiggerJim Posts: 406 ✭✭✭✭

June 29th 2019 - G20 Summit - Osaka, Japan

BST transactions - mach1ne - Ronyahski - pitboss (x2) - Bigbuck1975 (x2) - jimineez1 - nk1nk - bidask - WaterSport - logger7 - SurfinxHI (x2) - Smittys - Bennybravo - Proofcollector

• Options
    SmudgeSmudge Posts: 9,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

May 16.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Tomorrow, 8 May. Please pass to a YN.

• Options
    Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh gosh I didn’t even realize it was below 15$ for silver I think may 11th and gold will be a while.

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,821 ✭✭✭✭✭

May- 14th
    Great idea for a contest 👌🏻

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    edited May 7, 2019 2:23PM

@JasonGaming said:
    May 13, 2019

• Options
    KudbegudKudbegud Posts: 4,735 ✭✭✭✭✭

May 15

• Options
    jedmjedm Posts: 2,944 ✭✭✭✭✭

August 21, 2019

• Options
    coinhackcoinhack Posts: 1,131 ✭✭✭✭

July 24, '19

• Options
    TurboSnailTurboSnail Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭✭✭

june 3. 2019. thanks

• Options

@jmlanzaf said:
    What if it gets to 11 and 13?

Than we have a winner!

• Options
    bigtime36bigtime36 Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭

May 24th 2019

Collect raw morgans, walkers, mercs, SLQ, barber q. Looking at getting into earlier date coins pre 1900s.

• Options
    JeffnluJeffnlu Posts: 283 ✭✭✭✭

May 30th 2019

• Options
    jesbrokenjesbroken Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭

May 17, 2019

When a man who is honestly mistaken hears the truth, he will either quit being mistaken or cease to be honest....Abraham Lincoln

Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it.....Mark Twain
  • Options
    meluaufeetmeluaufeet Posts: 751 ✭✭✭

May 10th

• Options
    jmlanzafjmlanzaf Posts: 32,010 ✭✭✭✭✭

September 6, 2019

• Options
    RedglobeRedglobe Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

may 16th

Rob
  • Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 7,946 ✭✭✭✭✭

May 19th

• Options
    coin4salecoin4sale Posts: 375 ✭✭✭

May 20th . thanks for the contest.

BT&C
  • Options
    BLUEJAYWAYBLUEJAYWAY Posts: 8,052 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nov. 11 2019

Successful transactions:Tookybandit. "Everyone is equal, some are more equal than others".
  • Options
    WoodenJeffersonWoodenJefferson Posts: 6,491 ✭✭✭✭

July 28, 2018 only cause it's my birthday.

Chat Board Lingo

"Keep your malarkey filter in good operating order" -Walter Breen
  • Options
    HiBuckyHiBucky Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

May 22, 2019 ..

Thanks

• Options
    kbbpllkbbpll Posts: 542 ✭✭✭✭

What makes people think both will change on the same day? Do I not understand the contest? Right now gold needs to go up .947% and silver .334%.
    Silver May 9, 2019
    Gold May 14, 2019

• Options
    edited May 7, 2019 10:23PM

Ok. 29 people in! Let's see how long. Remember, both prices need to change from $12 and $14. Say if one changes, then the other has to change as well. Not necessarily on the same day. Say Gold changes from $12 to $13, then the other (Silver) needs to change sometime. As soon as both prices made a change, GAME OVER! The last change determines the DATE. One More Thing... Even If say, Gold did change from $12 but end up back to $12 that's still considered a change in Gold. We just have to wait for Silver to get off the $14 mark. Just for the heck of it. I'll guess, June 4th. That's my wedding ann.

• Options

Silver went to $15 on 8 May at 1:17am

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

Interesting give away. I'll put in for June 10, 2019.

Curious, if tomorrow silver changes to 15 but gold holds, then a week later silver goes back to 14 and the next day Gold changes to 13xx... that does not yet count right.

• Options
    Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

I see there is the midnight central time zone deadline. Only 9pm here but I missed the cut off. Oh well.

Nice coin star find by the way.

• Options

@Batman23 said:
    Interesting give away. I'll put in for June 10, 2019.

Curious, if tomorrow silver changes to 15 but gold holds, then a week later silver goes back to 14 and the next day Gold changes to 13xx... that does not yet count right.

12:00 Midnight CDT was the deadline sorry!

• Options
    edited May 8, 2019 9:01AM

@Hemispherical said:
    Silver went to $15 on 8 May at 1:17am

On second thought, No Silver change yet, sorry to all! Going by PCGS's price

• Options
    TestoonTestoon Posts: 152 ✭✭✭

June 5, 2019

Bill
    witty quote goes here
  • Options

Did Silver hit $15?

• Options

@joeykoins said:
    Did Silver hit $15?

Silver hit $15, May 8, 2019 01:17 NY time.

Gold is at $1288.40 (up 3.30).

• Options
    illini420illini420 Posts: 11,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not in the contest, missed the deadline, but I would say that silver has not yet hit $15. Just about anyone who quotes the silver price will be quoting you the bid price. Even the charts posted on kitco that always get posted here use the bid price when charting the 24 hour silver prices, not the ask. Look at the chart, the line (bid price) has not yet went above $15... Not yet in my opinion...

Good luck to all who got in on the giveaway!

:naughty:

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Darn....missed the deadline.... Oh well.... will be interesting to follow.... If the trade deal with China is resolved, then it will be a long time before those figures change significantly.... but, strange things happen in PM's and the economy. Cheers, RickO

• Options

@illini420 said:
    Not in the contest, missed the deadline, but I would say that silver has not yet hit $15. Just about anyone who quotes the silver price will be quoting you the bid price. Even the charts posted on kitco that always get posted here use the bid price when charting the 24 hour silver prices, not the ask. Look at the chart, the line (bid price) has not yet went above $15... Not yet in my opinion...

Good luck to all who got in on the giveaway!

:naughty:

Agree. But.

The rules in the OP did not specify what to use (did not specify to use a spot price in general, either) except that the numbers must change from the then values of $12 and $14. B)

• Options
    mustangmanbobmustangmanbob Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭✭✭

In the year 2525.

• Options

@Hemispherical said:

@joeykoins said:
    Did Silver hit $15?

Silver hit $15, May 8, 2019 01:17 NY time.

Gold is at $1288.40 (up 3.30).

I'm going by the prices on our host's. I do not believe Sil. has hit $15. Sorry Hem.

• Options
    MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

July 11, 2019

• Options

@MattTheRiley said:
    July 11, 2019

Deadline, sorry!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file