Options
e-z-est cleaner
rmuniak
Posts: 267 ✭✭✭
Is this dipping process frowned upon?
A world without coins "Chaos"
0
Comments
Hardly, else it wouldn’t sell so well.
Got quoins?
I've had a few customer only buy if I dipped it. I make them pay first.
Practice makes perfect & nobody is perfect. So, practice being nobody.
I used to visit shop decades ago that would dip your newly purchased unc rolls in their special dip basket as a courtesy.
“Let’s get rid of that tarnish” he would say.
As stated above, if the dipping is not 'detectable' it is generally acceptable... Best used to eliminate dirt and accumulated grunge....though sometimes used to eliminate tarnish....Cheers, RickO
Generally, it is frowned on. Occasionally it is purposeful. PCGS sometimes uses it when conserving coins.
Good advice is to avoid an acid dip if you don't know what you're doing or have no experience with it. Many coins have been spoiled by it. Some have been rescued.
Lance.