Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Anybody find anything old in circulation lately??

OnastoneOnastone Posts: 3,833 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody has found anything old circulating around, seeing how there was supposed to be a huge push of old coins and bills dropped into circulation in April. One cashier I work with found a 1917 quarter yesterday, sorry I don't have any pics-( I'll try and get one) , but it was quite worn.

Comments

• Options
    ms70ms70 Posts: 13,951 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nah. Just the occasional wheatie. I was on a roll for a while with old nickels but all of a sudden it stopped months ago.

Great transactions with oih82w8, JasonGaming, Moose1913.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing extremely out of the ordinary and still hunting Ws.

• Options
    kbbpllkbbpll Posts: 542 ✭✭✭✭

I get 1965 quarters all the time. Nothing related to the coin drop though.

• Options
    JasonGamingJasonGaming Posts: 926 ✭✭✭✭

Just found a 1964 Dime today. I was pretty happy about that. :)

Always buying nice toned coins! Searching for a low grade 1873 Arrows DDO Dime and 1842-O Small Date Quarter.

• Options
    mannie graymannie gray Posts: 7,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found a well-worn 1938-D Jefferson last week and a 1937-D wheatie.

• Options
    GluggoGluggo Posts: 3,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2019 9:31AM

I guess I should STOP 🛑 using my Credit Cards. I don’t use Cash any more. In fact I don’t think I have seen any Cash in my hand in the last year. With Online Bill Pay through my Credit Union Bank and the use of Pay Pal I stoped using Cash for some time now. I don’t even go to the Stores any more everything is Delivered to my front door via AMAZON. ;) Now if I could get mail delivery on Sundays or Drone delivery, life would be perfect! B)

• Options
    KkathylKkathyl Posts: 3,762 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 5, 2019 9:33AM

Been finding cool colors in dimes and a lot of washie.

Best place to buy !
    Bronze Associate member

• Options
    No HeadlightsNo Headlights Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Gluggo said:
    I guess I should STOP 🛑 using my Credit Cards. I don’t use Cash any more. In fact I don’t think I have seen any Cash in my hand in the last year. With Online Bill Pay through my Credit Union Bank and the use of Pay Pal I stoped using Cash for some time now. I don’t even go to the Stores any more everything is Delivered to my front door via AMAZON. ;) Now if I could get mail delivery on Sundays or Drone delivery, life would be perfect! B)

You may be on the right track. With all the cash back you can buy a nice coin or two. I still like having a little cash but use my cc more than ever

• Options
    CaptHenwayCaptHenway Posts: 31,764 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just me......

Numismatist. 50 year member ANA. Winner of four ANA Heath Literary Awards; three Wayte and Olga Raymond Literary Awards; Numismatist of the Year Award 2009, and Lifetime Achievement Award 2020. Winner numerous NLG Literary Awards.
  • Options
    edited May 5, 2019 2:43PM

Well I certainly am glad that a couple of you are still circulating! Which couple? I'm not sayin'... :)

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,754 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just some wheaties

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 12,057 ✭✭✭✭✭

The occasional wheatie and pre-60 Jefferson.

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,501 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found a '28 Wheatie in a coin machine reject slot the other day.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing out of the ordinary and I am actively searching for Ws. ;)

• Options

@Hemispherical said:
    Nothing out of the ordinary and I am actively searching for Ws. ;)

Well I have to say I've finally found three Massachusetts quarters!!!!!! No W's in there, just P's...but still, getting closer! Only a few more million to look through. Ughhhh

• Options
    BJandTundraBJandTundra Posts: 385 ✭✭✭✭

Last week a 1939, 1940, 1942 & 1946 Jefferson. 1954 D Roosevelt and 1917 Lincoln (well worn). A good week.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yep......I looked in a mirror! B)

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Found my cousin.....

...but he ain't useful - jes' old.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Just a wheatie in the 'take a cent, leave a cent' tray....'48 if I recall... put it in the wheatie jar....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    DRUNNERDRUNNER Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭✭✭

1939 Jefferson yesterday. A bit surprised!

Drunner

• Options
    rln_14rln_14 Posts: 686 ✭✭✭✭

Just a 56d wheatie

• Options
    matt_dacmatt_dac Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wheat cent now and then and one 1965 quarter (not related to the coin drop).

• Options
    Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 665 ✭✭✭✭✭

I found a 1941 nickel on the floor at school today!

• Options

You guys are finding lots of Wheaties.

• Options
    robkoolrobkool Posts: 5,934 ✭✭✭✭✭

A 1920 s Lincoln cent (almost uncirculated) on the sidewalk next to the mini merry-go round ride in front of my local K-mart store last year.

• Options
    CoinscratchCoinscratch Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭✭✭

I recently found a 47 and a 64 quarter while hunting W's.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file