Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

What coin(s) are you waiting to turn up?

2»

Comments

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 27, 2019 9:15PM

Here are some that I saw at the time but didn't win.

William H. Key Fire Department Parade medal in white metal.

John J. Ford Jr. California Gold Mines specimen.

Columbian Exposition Medal by St. Gaudens.

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

Gloucester Token in a dealer's junk box. In the 1970's we certified one of these handed down in a Virginia family.

• Options
    ChopmarkedTradesChopmarkedTrades Posts: 499 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Insider2 said:
    Gloucester Token in a dealer's junk box. In the 1970's we certified one of these handed down in a Virginia family.

Was that the one that finally allowed for the complete legend to be understood?

• Options
    PennyGuyPennyGuy Posts: 144 ✭✭✭

Just got delivery on my “White Whale” CWT Store Card. Never thought I would own it, but never say never I guess. Need to decide on my next dream coin. It’ll probably be a W. Jackson Store Card, a rarity 10.

"A penny hit by lightning is worth six cents". Opie Taylor

• Options
    Insider2Insider2 Posts: 14,452 ✭✭✭✭✭

@ChopmarkedTrades said:

@Insider2 said:

Was that the one that finally allowed for the complete legend to be understood?

Not to my knowledge. It went right back to the family. I have no idea if they put it up for auction at a later date.

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2019 8:21PM

I've been hoping that a complete run of gold proof sets will show up in my desk drawer -- but so far, nothing except some excess dust and an expired stink bug.

• Options
    braddickbraddick Posts: 23,177 ✭✭✭✭✭

Low circulated problem free 1970-D Kennedy half.

peacockcoins

• Options
    ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,985 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited May 29, 2019 7:32PM

@RogerB said:
    I've been hopping that a complete run of gold proof sets will show up in my desk drawer -- but so far, nothing except some excess dust and an expired stink bug.

What coins would you like to collect? I know you've mentioned several times that the coins you like to collect are out of your budget so you don't collect any coins at all. But, what do you like? I'm curious what are your collector preferences?

• Options
    thefinnthefinn Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭✭✭

1936 commemorative half dollars in PCGS Doilies.

thefinn
  • Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Zoins said:

@RogerB said:

What coins would you like to collect? I know you've mentioned several times that the coins you like to collect are out of your budget so you don't collect any coins at all. But, what do you like? I'm curious what are your collector preferences?

18th and early 19th century US types; patterns; sandblast proofs; British, German and Russian types; medieval silver; Greek states....just 'ordinary stuff.'
    :)

• Options
    EastonCollectionEastonCollection Posts: 1,249 ✭✭✭✭✭

@cameonut2011 said:

@EastonCollection said:
    1809 Capped Bust dime in PCGS66! there are 2 in the pop report but I don't know anyone that have seen them.

Have you looked to see if the coins are locked up in a registry set?

Yes. I can't find them anywhere and I am willing to pay $200 just to see one!

Easton Collection

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file