Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

The Perfect Newp! When hobbies collide. :)

Aspie_RoccoAspie_Rocco Posts: 3,259 ✭✭✭✭✭

So if you know me at all, you know I am all about The Jefferson Nickels. Recently I have been deeply into ⚾️ Baseball, movies, real games, and cards.

My favorite team is the Philadelphia Phillies, and favorite active player is Rhys Hoskins, now in his second year of MLB.

I have an autographed card of his from the 2019 Topps Heritage series, and several other cards as well.

The new Heritage series has many varieties of different special and rare cards, and a very short mintage of coin cards with proof 1970 coins pressed in. Most have been $100-$200 on eBay, coins not properly oriented, and had random players. I had given up on owning one of these.

Well, lightning ⛈ struck twice tonight when I did a random eBay search and found an auction about to end, I scored a nickel card for a shocking low price compared to the BIN ask prices. Then I found a BIN for a Phillies card, with a perfect centered Nickel!! The price was higher but it had everything I wanted in one of these! Wooooo

Tonight I found the perfect baseball card! My two favorite interests combined and featured my favorite active player!

Comments

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file