Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

2011 Topps Update Mike Trout Gold Canary Diamond 1/1 PSA 9 Mint

Joe Orlando tweeted out that this card was just graded by PSA. I had seen recently in the card news this card had surfaced.

I am not familiar with this issue and see there are quite a few variations on EBAY. Is this the Super Refractor if you will from this set of him? Essentially the ultimate card of his from the set.

Comments

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,048 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds more like something Indiana Jones would go looking for.

• Options
    Dpeck100Dpeck100 Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭✭

Haha

Good one!

• Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭

1 of 1 should be epic..Now where does it go from here is the big question. PWCC for the win?

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options
    UFFDAHUFFDAH Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2019 6:24PM

Joe's pic....

• Options

I did a Google search and found some comments and apparently this isn't the best 1/1 from the set.

Some very optimistic price forecasts in those threads.

• Options

@UFFDAH said:
    Joe's pic....

Holy smoke, what a sight. That has got to be the holy grail itself.

• Options
    orioles93orioles93 Posts: 3,464 ✭✭✭✭✭

Awesome card. The Platinum 1/1 went for $100k and the diamond anniversary 1/1 went for $35k. I think both go for more if sold today rather than when they were sold. I think this gold canary 1/1 goes for around $300k, maybe more.

What I Collect:

PSA HOF Baseball Postwar Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 77.97% Complete)

PSA Pro Football HOF Rookie Players Set Registry- (Currently 19.26% Complete)

PSA Basketball HOF Players Rookies Set Registry- (Currently 6.02% Complete)
  • Options
    pjb103183pjb103183 Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭

Joe tweeted about a gold canary...interesting😂

• Options

One thing's for sure, his cards are climbing in price. I wouldn't mind starting a Trout collection, but my pockets just don't run that deep.

• Options

I would have to think PSA was thrilled the owner decided to have them grade it. We here so many times that BGS is strong in the modern segment and when the best card to surface in quite sometime does it went to PSA instead.

Sending this to PWCC is obviously one route the owner could take if they choose to sell but I would think brokering a private transaction might yield the highest price. Obviously I have never purchased a card that would carry this price tag but I do know from personal experience that if you want to eliminate competition and this risk of someone else getting it you need to make a max offer.

On the board I found the thread there were some guesses of 1 million or higher. That seems really high to me but I guess you never know. I think the 300k number used above sounds reasonable after reading how exciting this pull is.

Just imagine the feeling of sifting through some cards and bam there it is!

• Options

That card should be wearing a black leather jacket. It's one bad dude.

• Options
    Walt_AltmenWalt_Altmen Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

The Diamond is not pack pulled. It was from a codes contest hence the big price variation. This should go for $100k+ or so my boy says.

• Options
    Walt_AltmenWalt_Altmen Posts: 184 ✭✭✭

And for baseball modern, the tide changed to PSA a little while back.