‘New’ Ruth found in old piano...

Comments

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

That is a cool story, thanks for posting that Tim 👍

• Options
    craig44craig44 Posts: 10,552 ✭✭✭✭✭

why does that never happen to me.

George Brett, Roger Clemens and Tommy Brady.

• Options
    jeffcbayjeffcbay Posts: 8,948 ✭✭✭✭

My jaw hit the floor when I read they found 112 cards... I mean wow.

Craig is right, why does this never happen to us? WE are the ones looking for these gold mines, yet it's always little old ladies. lol

• Options
    doubledragondoubledragon Posts: 23,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

If I had found that babe ruth card, I would have immediately asked it to marry me.

• Options
    stevekstevek Posts: 27,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

Somebody should have realized sooner that there were baseball cards in there because every time anyone tried to play that piano, it would instead automatically play, "Take Me Out to the Ballgame." ;)

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

I’m amazed that even little old ladies can figure out that when you find an old Babe Ruth card that you send it to a third party grader and not a nearby forensic lab.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭

sounds like a sports article i have at home.. lady had 1300 cards. an almost complete T206 set , 12 ty cobbs and 2 t206 honus wagners

• Options
    perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,535 ✭✭✭✭✭

@craig44 said:
    why does that never happen to me.

Tell me about it, my parents house was built in 1870 and nary a collectible card or coin I’ve ever found.

• Options
    slimiesslimies Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 23, 2019 7:35AM

this is the article.. i wish i had been willed her collection.. was wrong in the count it was almost 1100 cards

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

That's a great story.

I gotta better chance of finding a diamond up a goat's azz.

Mike
  • Options
    RyansRustRyansRust Posts: 179 ✭✭✭

_ “Someone offered me $40,000 for the Babe Ruth card and I thought, ‘That’s Babe Ruth, he’s worth more than that.’”_

Yeah like she knew it was worth more than 40k. Good story though.

Reminds me of when on American Pickers the owners don't know what they have and then the pickers make an offer. Then the buyers counter...They could of offered you 2x less and you would not know any different.