Home U.S. Coin Forum

How far behind are you on the Hansen thread?

DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 21, 2019 8:25PM in U.S. Coin Forum

I'm at 588 and it will ONLY get bigger! :)

Comments

• DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

I consider it a waste of time. :)

• ZoinsZoins Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Justacommeman said:
    I’m caught up on the Hansen thread and GOT :D

m

Agree. Both GOT and Hansen are exciting for me :)

• CameonutCameonut Posts: 7,250 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was the eighth comment on the first page and have not been back since.

“In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." - Thomas Jefferson

My digital cameo album 1950-64 Cameos - take a look!

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 21, 2019 8:39PM

@Zoins said:

@Justacommeman said:
    I’m caught up on the Hansen thread and GOT :D

m

Agree. Both GOT and Hansen are exciting for me :)

The GOT books were my guilty pleasure and the TV series is almost as epic which are large shoes to fill. I’ve read the books many times.

I’ve learned a TON from the Hansen thread especially on series I’m not fluid in. Isn’t that one of the things that make up a numismatist? The pursuit of knowledge? The thread whilst combative at times has encouraged discussion on many series and and individual coins. Isn’t that a good thing? I find it good old clean fun.

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • GRANDAMGRANDAM Posts: 8,353 ✭✭✭✭✭

I never even opened it,,,,,,,,,, :|

GrandAm :)
  • HallcoHallco Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭✭✭

I think I opened it soon after it was first posted not knowing what it meant... started reading it and when I realized it was a registry thing have not been back.

• SwampboySwampboy Posts: 12,875 ✭✭✭✭✭

69 but I will catch up
    Been busy

• AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,515 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought about reading the thread but I never got around to it. Now , it being so huge, I don't think I have the energy.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
    edited April 21, 2019 10:33PM

The great thing about the Hansen thread is that there are so many great coins in so many different series that you never know what coins you’re going to see next. There’s no real need to be up to date because you can jump in any time and see great coins.

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have jumped in and out. No need to read everything. It is educational. Nothing wrong with learning a thing of two. :)

@Justacommeman said:

@DIMEMAN said:
    I consider it a waste of time. :)

So a thread was started to emphasis that you don’t care? Did I get that right? Wow. Just wow.

It’s fine that you think it’s a waste of time. It’s fine that you don’t personally care. Why start a thread on it? That in of itself is a waste of time and energy. Weird

m

I just wanted to see if it was just me.........apparently there are a lot more who feel the same as I do.

• AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

Caught up. Interesting viewing - both the coins and the egos.

Smitten with DBLCs.

• CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hansen Hell...I am still waiting to see how the Langbord suit ends.

:#

• TwoKopeikiTwoKopeiki Posts: 9,528 ✭✭✭✭✭

All caught up. Whether people like it or not, it's numismatic history in the making.

• CommemKingCommemKing Posts: 2,202 ✭✭✭✭✭

All the way behind. Like I don't really even know who this guy is or what he does.

• breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am a bit behind but will catch up. Great coins and great information being exchanged. Also, there is something entertaining about seeing Laura get irritated every time someone says Hansen has the greatest collection ever. I do wonder how many people are doing it just for sport. John Brush treads carefully which makes me think this assignment with Hansen has been a huge blessing for him but also a bit of a curse (that I am sure he is happy to accept).
    Finally, GoT is off to a very slow start this year. Expecting it to pick up.

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

@breakdown said:
    Finally, GoT is off to a very slow start this year. Expecting it to pick up.

With only 4 more episodes left, they better!

• yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

Will tackle it from the beginning at some point.

Master collectors intrigue me as much as the collections.

However, it seems more a Sports Center "play of the day" thread in the bits I read here and there.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Caught up, but it just takes missing a few posts to lose track.

• rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

I did not get involved in that one.... Just not enough time... I suppose I may open it at some point and scan for those coins that interest me.... maybe next winter. Cheers, RickO

• ECHOESECHOES Posts: 2,974 ✭✭✭✭✭

1.2K unread posts, how high will it go!

~HABE FIDUCIAM IN DOMINO III V VI / III XVI~
    POST NUBILA PHOEBUS / AFTER CLOUDS, SUN
    Love for Music / Collector of Dreck
  • PhilLynottPhilLynott Posts: 880 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can't even imagine why people who are interested in US coins wouldn't be interested in that thread.

• jwittenjwitten Posts: 5,072 ✭✭✭✭✭

I've never opened it, so don't even know what it's about. Am I missing anything?

• BroadstruckBroadstruck Posts: 30,497 ✭✭✭✭✭

Caught up on GOT :)

Never opened the Hanson thread... Got any dragons in it?

To Err Is Human.... To Collect Err's Is Just Too Much Darn Tootin Fun!
  • kbbpllkbbpll Posts: 542 ✭✭✭✭

I enjoy the pictures. The rest is like reading about somebody's yacht collection.

• ConnecticoinConnecticoin Posts: 12,475 ✭✭✭✭✭

I am also 735 behind on the Dan Carr thread :D

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,897 ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm very far behind and haven't visited it in a long while.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

@Connecticoin said:

I'm 4.4K behind on that one. No interest at all.

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

I have never opened it. I found the title a little uninspiring if not downright confusing - I assumed someone was posting about a pocket watch or something.

Now, I feel it is too big for me to jump in. If there is good information in there then I guess I should check it out at some point. Maybe I'll save it for retirement - I am sure it will still be around with the post count climbing years from now.

• Batman23Batman23 Posts: 4,999 ✭✭✭✭✭

@AUandAG said:
    I thought about reading the thread but I never got around to it. Now , it being so huge, I don't think I have the energy.

I agree. I am 1.8K behind, which for me constitutes a lot of time and clicking. Anyone want to give us the Readers Digest summary version?

@Batman23 said:

@AUandAG said:

I agree. I am 1.8K behind, which for me constitutes a lot of time and clicking. Anyone want to give us the Readers Digest summary version?

Summary - Multi Billionaire trying to become the next Eliasberg(sp).

edited April 22, 2019 8:14AM

@DIMEMAN said:

@Batman23 said:

@AUandAG said:

Summary - Multi Billionaire trying to become the next Eliasberg

With the addition of lots of great coin commentary and photos across all types of US coins. Even if you don’t care about the owner or the quest, there are lots of beautiful coins of all types in that thread.

• topstuftopstuf Posts: 14,803 ✭✭✭✭✭

At first I thought it was a thread about old watches.
    Then when I got into it, I found it enjoyable and have kept up with it for kicks.
    :)

• dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,717 ✭✭✭✭✭

Fully caught up. Was watching the set long before the thread was created.

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053

@DIMEMAN said:

@Connecticoin said:

Damn, you got me beat!

edited April 22, 2019 8:52AM

@TwoKopeiki said:

@DIMEMAN said:

@Connecticoin said:

Damn, you got me beat!

At least you were in for 300 posts!

• lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭✭✭

I clicked on it 1.2k posts ago but never had the patience or inclination to read through it all...

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • FullHornFullHorn Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought it was about the catch a predator dude. I will have to check it out.

• ChrisH821ChrisH821 Posts: 6,293 ✭✭✭✭✭

About this far.

Same with the DCarr thread

Collector, occasional seller

• yspsalesyspsales Posts: 2,097 ✭✭✭✭✭

@FullHorn said:
    I thought it was about the catch a predator dude. I will have to check it out.

Keep waiting for Chris Hansen and the camera guys to intercept DL in his kitchen with the police in the garage waiting to arrest him.

Chris has had is own bad news lately... something about bouncing alot of checks and/or not paying his bills.

BST: KindaNewish (3/21/21), WQuarterFreddie (3/30/21), Meltdown (4/6/21), DBSTrader2 (5/5/21) AKA- unclemonkey on Blow Out

• ashelandasheland Posts: 22,612 ✭✭✭✭✭

I skim the Hansen thread, indeed lots of nice coin pictures to see and some interesting discussion...

• ironmanl63ironmanl63 Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭✭✭

I read it every time I check in. Fun thread!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file