Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Gold Shield & True View Pricing Question

PCGS lists the price for Gold Shield as an extra $5 per coin. It also states that Gold Shield includes True View. But PCGS also lists the price for True View only as an extra $10 per coin. So is True View $5 or $10? What am I missing here?

Comments

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,539 ✭✭✭✭✭

Not missing anything. Want a gold shield and TV pay the $5 over the grading fee for Gold Shield. If you don't want the gold shield but do want the TV the cost is regular grading fee plus the $10. Not everyone wants to pay the gold shield price but still do want the TV.

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

Thanks!

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Additionally, if you select GS then ALL the coins on the submission form gets the GS/TV treatment.

The only way to select coins for TV only is by not selecting GS and then picking the coin(s) you want to have a TV.

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

Isn't it silly not to do the Gold Shield and get the TV for 5 instead of 10. Am I missing something??

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    Isn't it silly not to do the Gold Shield and get the TV for 5 instead of 10. Am I missing something??

I agree @DIMEMAN.

GS is one of the better deals, especially if your photographically challenged such as I. Therefore, I do GS all the time. After paying the service fee, handling fee, shipping/insurance fee and any other select fees and postage... what’s another $5?

Just have to drink less of StarB’s latte and do a McD’s cappuccino, or make your own. :o:D

Now, with the current quarterly special for reholder and free GS/TV... my OCD has kicked in to get everything on the same sheet of music. ;)

• Options
    davewesendavewesen Posts: 5,860 ✭✭✭✭✭

You can TruView just a couple coins in your order. If you go Gold Shield, the entire order gets the shield and TruViews.

If you basically have a white or modern coin with no toning, why does a TruView help?

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

The GS and TV is the best way to go....and TruViews are always good.. can also help sell a coin...I have selected some coins, when all else seems equal, based on the fact one had a TruView and the other did not... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

@davewesen said:
    You can TruView just a couple coins in your order. If you go Gold Shield, the entire order gets the shield and TruViews.

If you basically have a white or modern coin with no toning, why does a TruView help?

White lusterous coins are the hardest for me to photograph.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:

@davewesen said:

White lusterous coins are the hardest for me to photograph.

They’re all hard for me to photo. ;)

• Options

Just wanted to follow up on my original question. I submitted a order with the GoldShield option and have received it back. When I look at the certs online, there is no picture of the TrueView. Do you have to do something extra to get access to the pictures?

• Options
    dbldie55dbldie55 Posts: 7,719 ✭✭✭✭✭

Pictures should show up. When you view the certs online, does it show the holder type as being "PCGS Gold Shield"?

Collector and Researcher of Liberty Head Nickels. ANA LM-6053
  • Options

Holder type says PCGS Gold Shield. The image next to the cert stats says "No Image Available".

• Options
    oih82w8oih82w8 Posts: 11,906 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 18, 2019 10:35AM

Good night nurse!

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options
    edited June 18, 2019 10:39AM

What in tarnation...?

oih82w8 = Oh I Hate To Wait _defectus patientia_aka...Dr. Defecto - Curator of RMO's

BST transactions: dbldie55, jayPem, 78saen, UltraHighRelief, nibanny, liefgold, FallGuy, lkeigwin, mbogoman, Sandman70gt, keets, joeykoins, ianrussell (@GC), EagleEye, ThePennyLady, GRANDAM, Ilikecolor, Gluggo, okiedude, Voyageur, LJenkins11, fastfreddie, ms70, pursuitofliberty, ZoidMeister,Coin Finder, GotTheBug, edwardjulio, Coinnmore...
  • Options

It can take a few days for the TV to show up online. @PCGSPhoto could assist in further clarification.

• Options

@Treesaurus

Agree with @oih82w8 to wait. The cert takes awhile then the cert pic takes a bit more and then the TV.

You should get an email when the pics are available.

• Options
    MattTheRileyMattTheRiley Posts: 806 ✭✭✭✭

I've always got an email telling me my images were ready to view.

• Options

Thanks for the replies. It has been a week since I received the order and still no TrueViews in the certs. How long does it usually take?

• Options
    TommyTypeTommyType Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Treesaurus said:
    Thanks for the replies. It has been a week since I received the order and still no TrueViews in the certs. How long does it usually take?

I think the re-holder quarterly special, which included free TrueViews, probably put a strain on the TrueView team. I'm in the same boat as you....got my 6 re-holdered Gold Shield coins in the mail yesterday, and TV's have not populated yet...so you aren't alone.

I trust that since they ARE in Gold Shield holders, the process control at PCGS means they DID get photos. We just need to wait for them to process them....

Easily distracted Type Collector
  • Options

@TommyType said:

@Treesaurus said:

I think the re-holder quarterly special, which included free TrueViews, probably put a strain on the TrueView team. I'm in the same boat as you....got my 6 re-holdered Gold Shield coins in the mail yesterday, and TV's have not populated yet...so you aren't alone.

I trust that since they ARE in Gold Shield holders, the process control at PCGS means they DID get photos. We just need to wait for them to process them....

WAG.

With the registry deadline approaching they maybe swamped.

I’m sure it’ll be posted.

https://images.pcgs.com/trueview/nnnnnnnn

• Options
    LindeDadLindeDad Posts: 18,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2019 12:51PM

@Treesaurus said:
    Holder type says PCGS Gold Shield. The image next to the cert stats says "No Image Available".

Happens if graded at their overseas locations.
    Happened recently to me on a coin that was from Hong Kong.

• Options
    AotearoaAotearoa Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭✭✭

If it's graded in Hong Kong, you get a slab scan rather than a true view. Example here:

Smitten with DBLCs.

• Options

Please email us your order numbers to photography@collectors.com and we can look into the issue.
    Thanks

Radiant Collection: Numismatics and Exonumia of the Atomic Age.
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/showcase/3232

• Options
    BarndogBarndog Posts: 20,458 ✭✭✭✭✭

my grades posted yesterday. I'm not going to have any concerns until Monday. :#

• Options
    cameonut2011cameonut2011 Posts: 10,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 21, 2019 6:15PM

@DIMEMAN said:

It depends. If you submit 20 coins and only need a True View for 1, then it may make sense to pay the $10 for that one and not the $100 (20x$5) to image them all. This also helps reduce the number of submissions as well rather than having a secure and an unsecure avoiding the extra "handling" fee.

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file