Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

2 newps in the quarter collection

spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello folks,
I just got 2 newps in one of my 2 favorite grades - XF45. The first one is for my XF bust quarter set, it has the rich patina of a coin that has not been messed with for decades. Rotating under the light you can see a nice rotating luster on both sides. B5 is a common die marriage, but had to find with such rich surfaces in this grade (or any). Below it is my other 45 for the same die marriage, I prefer the new one. Below that is my other 31 P45, a B4 die marriage, which is has rich surfaces as well. Note that when I upload to this site there is a slight red shift in the images, so the coins might show that color difference than in hand.

The other newp below is a new barber quarter for my registry set, the vendor said that it came to the store raw and they sent it to PCGS. Will it CAC? Probably but one can never tell until you send it in. It has all of the right attributes and also has a nice rotating luster under the light.

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...

Comments

• Options
    ilmcoinsilmcoins Posts: 525 ✭✭✭✭

Im a big fan of the second B5 up there!

• Options
    hchcoinhchcoin Posts: 4,825 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice

• Options
    thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

Amazing! Thanks for sharing!

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice pickups and great pics, too! Thanks for sharing!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

All are very nice coins... I like the reverse of the third coin with the clear but darkened shield.... Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Walkerguy21DWalkerguy21D Posts: 11,150 ✭✭✭✭✭

All very nice, but I really like that 12S.
    Another tough under rated date in the series that flies under the radar.

Successful BST transactions with 170 members. Recent: Tonedeaf, Shane6596, Piano1, Ikenefic, RG, PCGSPhoto, stman, Don'tTelltheWife, Boosibri, Ron1968, snowequities, VTchaser, jrt103, SurfinxHI, 78saen, bp777, FHC, RYK, JTHawaii, Opportunity, Kliao, bigtime36, skanderbeg, split37, thebigeng, acloco, Toninginthblood, OKCC, braddick, Coinflip, robcool, fastfreddie, tightbudget, DBSTrader2, nickelsciolist, relaxn, Eagle eye, soldi, silverman68, ElKevvo, sawyerjosh, Schmitz7, talkingwalnut2, konsole, sharkman987, sniocsu, comma, jesbroken, David1234, biosolar, Sullykerry, Moldnut, erwindoc, MichaelDixon, GotTheBug
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,694 ✭✭✭✭✭

Excellent!

• Options
    RichieURichRichieURich Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice coins, congrats on obtaining them!

An authorized PCGS dealer, and a contributor to the Red Book.

• Options
    jomjom Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭✭✭

That 2nd 1831 B5 looks awfully familiar.

jom

• Options
    spacehaydukespacehayduke Posts: 5,476 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks folks for the comments, Ricko, great eye picking out the color different of the shield........

Best, SH

Successful transactions with-Boosibri,lkeigwin,TomB,Broadstruck,coinsarefun,Type2,jom,ProfLiz, UltraHighRelief,Barndog,EXOJUNKIE,ldhair,fivecents,paesan,Crusty...

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file