Home Precious Metals
Options

Could anyone Identify the year of this round or the authenticity ? Need a hand /new stacker thanks!

picked up this round at a coin shop I frequent, I have some concerns about its authenticity here's why:

1)Weight= 32.2 G///1.14OZ//1.03 TOZ (SCALE WAS TESTED AND ACCURATE)

2)- Passed the magnet slide test with my CCT

3) Passed the scratch acid test.

4) I see this round on the net but I can not find the correct front and back casting. I see this type of front and a side flying eagle on the back. OR I see a double world on the front any my type if "spray eagle" on the back.

I really have doubts that anyone would forge these but Im not familiar with this round or what years it is from any help at all from anyone who is far more experienced than me would be very appreciated. THANKS!

Comments

• Options

Thanks so much! So from the pictures, I have linked up top,,, would my coin be a legit coin 1973 metal 1A OBVERSE and the other side a REVERSE type 2??

• Options
    OPAOPA Posts: 17,104 ✭✭✭✭✭

Common silver rounds that were issued during the 70th, by the private Mint - US Silver Corp. Your round appears to be the Type 1 obv. & rev. Worth .... a slight premium over melt.

"Bongo drive 1984 Lincoln that looks like old coin dug from ground."
  • Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice, I like it, congratulations !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options

Thanks very much for the education guys It's very much appreciated.

• Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

This is why I like the CU’s forums.

There always someone with the knowledge regardless of the topic.

• Options

I will be totally honest I went to two other sites and I was really surprised by the absolute pissy attitudes from my simple question. I explained I am new at collecting and being a small stacker (Which I am really enjoying) and got some serious attitude. I tried to do my own research on the above rounds and it was hard for me to find the info I wanted.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rob1083 said:
    I will be totally honest I went to two other sites and I was really surprised by the absolute pissy attitudes from my simple question. I explained I am new at collecting and being a small stacker (Which I am really enjoying) and got some serious attitude. I tried to do my own research on the above rounds and it was hard for me to find the info I wanted.

@rob1083 Welcome to the forums!

You’ll learn a lot here and on the other forums of CU. Enjoy, soak it up, and have fun!

Keep on stacking and/or collecting.