I am finished...

Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭
edited April 16, 2019 5:46PM in U.S. Coin Forum

With my home made ebony coin display box for my first seated liberty coin the half is an 1858 o.

What do you think? And have you ever made coin displays? If so post them here!

Comments

• oldabeintxoldabeintx Posts: 401 ✭✭✭

I was able to make a plaque in HS shop, the extent of my skill, but I can appreciate a job well done. Great display case, you half looks super in it. Kudos.

• LJenkins11LJenkins11 Posts: 199 ✭✭✭

Great job, thank you for sharing.

• DCWDCW Posts: 3,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nicely done! Now that...is pride in ownership

• SmudgeSmudge Posts: 3,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice work.

• fiftysevenerfiftysevener Posts: 328 ✭✭✭

Great touch but is it legal. Didn't the previous regime shutter a guitar business not too long ago due to importation problems with rare wood.

• BryceMBryceM Posts: 7,463 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool!

I've been playing around in the shop lately. I've been doing a bit of simple inlays for small jewelry box lids and was thinking of incorporating ebony. As with most things, there are perfectly legitimate and legal ways to obtain the material, but ebony isn't cheap. ;)

• thebeavthebeav Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭✭

Lovely !
    Nice job !

• karenrenkarenren Posts: 32
    edited April 16, 2019 8:50PM

Good Job! So cool!

I ordered some custom challenge coins several years ago.I want to know and share more information about challenge coins with people who like it.

• @BryceM said:
    Cool!

I've been playing around in the shop lately. I've been doing a bit of simple inlays for small jewelry box lids and was thinking of incorporating ebony. As with most things, there are perfectly legitimate and legal ways to obtain the material, but ebony isn't cheap. ;)

If you are making small things with ebony you can get it for cheaper the place I get my wood from you can buy endcuts of ebony for 4$ a pound and it is perfectly legal.

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

@karenren said:
    Eagle is a very common symbol in challenge coins. I want to use it.

Welcome to the forum @karenren.

Enjoy the hobby.

Check out forum rule number 5.
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/1009079/posting-rules-updated-3-20-2019

• koynekwestkoynekwest Posts: 4,979 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice! And different!

• savitalesavitale Posts: 458 ✭✭✭✭

Really cool!

• Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 10,047 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice, I like it !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • rickoricko Posts: 65,047 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Mdcoincollector2003... Very nice work, and I like the ebony wood.... I have been thinking about making a knife display case, and that would be ideal.... I will check the internet to see what is available...Cheers, RickO

• WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice way to show off your coin.

well done.

Walking Liberty Sets

"Looking back, of course, it was irresponsible, mad, forlorn and idiotic but, if you don't take chances, then you'll never have a winning hand and I have no regrets."--Bernard Cornwell.
  • fastfreddiefastfreddie Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭

Wow, very nice! Why Ebony? I know it looks nice but very expensive very hard to work with.

"It's not that life is short but that you're dead for so long"
  • HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 4,390 ✭✭✭✭✭

Beautiful case for a beautiful coin.

What’s in the other case/box to the right in the first pic?

• ashelandasheland Posts: 12,643 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice.

• thats a nice box. sadly they dont have any good places to buy nice display cases for coins, so you have to make your own most of the time. i just recently finished a cabinet for some of my coins...

• @humanssuck said:

thats a nice box. sadly they dont have any good places to buy nice display cases for coins, so you have to make your own most of the time. i just recently finished a cabinet for some of my coins...

WOW! I love that!

• Mdcoincollector2003Mdcoincollector2003 Posts: 241 ✭✭✭
    edited April 17, 2019 4:26PM

@fastfreddie said:
    Wow, very nice! Why Ebony? I know it looks nice but very expensive very hard to work with.

I bought a 2lb end cut piece which was 4$ a lb. it is great for carving or small boxes and it is hard to work with but, it is very rewarding once you use the fine sand paper it is super smooth like a piece of glass.