Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Newest purchase

Here’s my newest purchase that will fit into my US gold collection. It’s no 1924-1927-D, 1924-1927/S, or Saint from 1929 onward but hey.

“Integrity is doing the right thing even when no one is watching”. - CS Lewis

Comments

• Options
    ilikemonstersilikemonsters Posts: 767 ✭✭✭✭

Love the old holder!

• Options
    WalkerfanWalkerfan Posts: 8,976 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2019 6:25PM

Are you kidding? That's a great-looking coin in an awesome package. A date you don't usually see, either.

“I may not believe in myself but I believe in what I’m doing” ~Jimmy Page~

My Full Walker Registry Set (1916-1947)

https://www.ngccoin.com/registry/competitive-sets/16292/

• Options
    winestevenwinesteven Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭✭✭

Absolutely beautiful! Enjoy 😊

A day without fine wine and working on your coin collection is like a day without sunshine!!!

My collecting “Pride & Joy” is my PCGS Registry Dansco 7070 Set:
    https://www.pcgs.com/setregistry/type-sets/design-type-sets/complete-dansco-7070-modified-type-set-1796-date/publishedset/213996
  • Options
    skier07skier07 Posts: 3,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 15, 2019 8:19PM

Congratulations!!! Beautiful trifecta coin; PCGS, OGH, and CAC, and perhaps the most beautiful coin design ever.

• Options
    markelman1125markelman1125 Posts: 1,771 ✭✭✭✭✭

St Gaudens Gold is the best 👍

• Options
    crazyhounddogcrazyhounddog Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭✭

I gotta say it is quite beautiful!
    Lovely all the way my coin brother 👍🏻👍🏻🤠

The bitterness of "Poor Quality" is remembered long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten.
  • Options
    KccoinKccoin Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭✭✭

looks real good from here, especially the color in your last photo

• Options
    Timbuk3Timbuk3 Posts: 11,658 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice, congratulations !!! :)

Timbuk3
  • Options
    blackhorse360blackhorse360 Posts: 299 ✭✭✭

Wow! Very Nice!

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very nice old Saint.... and a CAC sticker to add value...I am sure it came with a hefty premium. Enjoy your gold...my favorite as well....Cheers, RickO

• Options
    Matt91Matt91 Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

I really like how it doesn’t have that ‘dipped in something to make it shiny again’ look. I am not going to resubmit for a regrade, I’m no crack out . I’d like to assemble a 1915-S and 1916-S piece to round out the WWI theme then go for some moonshots on my dream list.

• 1920 1920-S
    • 1922-S
    • 1924-D 1924-S
    • 1925-D 1925-S
    • 1926-D
    • 1927-D 1927-S
    • 1930-S
    • 1931 1931-D

• Options
    1630Boston1630Boston Posts: 13,772 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Matt91
    Very nice and good luck on the rest of the dates that you are seeking :smile:

Successful transactions with : MICHAELDIXON, Manorcourtman, Bochiman, bolivarshagnasty, AUandAG, onlyroosies, chumley, Weiss, jdimmick, BAJJERFAN, gene1978, TJM965, Smittys, GRANDAM, JTHawaii, mainejoe, softparade, derryb

Bad transactions with : nobody to date

• Options

@ricko said:
    Very nice old Saint.... and a CAC sticker to add value...I am sure it came with a hefty premium. Enjoy your gold...my favorite as well....Cheers, RickO

She came with a slight premium though I did try to come in between PCGS price guide and the Greysheet. The old green holder plus CAC and an original look sold me. I don’t like my gold to be messed with. Which Saints in the series do you have and which ones are you actively looking for?

• Matt

• Options

@Matt91....I have the series of modern Saints, up to 2009... and some older, slabbed Saints as well...I also have the mint error 1999W $10 & $5 coins made from unfinished proof dies. I also stack gold when the opportunity presents itself... I am not presently looking for anything special... though an HR keeps beckoning me....We shall see...Gold is my favorite coin metal... just something about the color and heft that attracts me... Cheers, RickO

• Options

@ricko With gold below $1300 per oz it’s not a bad time to buy. I don’t think I’ll ever obtain the 1929-1932 Saints but they’re worth a shot.

• Options

@Matt91.... I acquired a great deal of my gold back in the early to mid '90's to early '00's....those were good prices back then.... I still get some, and I doubt we will ever see those old prices again. Cheers, RickO

• Options
    OuthaulOuthaul Posts: 7,440 ✭✭✭✭✭

Mongo like pretty gold coin,,,

• Options
    stevebensteveben Posts: 4,596 ✭✭✭✭✭

if you buy any more saints...put this one beside them to make sure they match first. that is one nice looking coin!

• Options

@steveben I definitely plan on buying more Saints ie 1924-1926 and 1928-1932 if such coins are available and original. Some I’ll probably never own due to cost.

• Options

@ricko Ah yes I should have bought more gold before it rose above $1000 per oz and more rarities but alas.

• Options

Does anyone else on the forum collect Saints?

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Matt91 said:
    Does anyone else on the forum collect Saints?

No.... you are the only one. :D

• Options

@ifthevamzarockin I should have worded it differently 😂

• Options
    lkeneficlkenefic Posts: 7,834 ✭✭✭✭✭

B)

Collecting: Dansco 7070; Middle Date Large Cents (VF-AU); Box of 20;

Successful BST transactions with: SilverEagles92; Ahrensdad; Smitty; GregHansen; Lablade; Mercury10c; copperflopper; whatsup; KISHU1; scrapman1077, crispy, canadanz, smallchange, robkool, Mission16, ranshdow, ibzman350, Fallguy, Collectorcoins, SurfinxHI, jwitten, Walkerguy21D, dsessom.
  • Options
    ashelandasheland Posts: 22,695 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nice one!

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Matt91 said:
    @ifthevamzarockin I should have worded it differently 😂

Sorry, I just couldn't resist. :)

• Options
    GazesGazes Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭✭✭

very nice. I like the choice of a better date in a grade right before a big price jump. Plus you got it at the high end of the 64 grade. Well done.

• Options

@Gazes Thank you! It might grade 65 by today’s standards but I’m not about to submit it, I like the holder and again it’s solid for the grade.

• Options
    batumibatumi Posts: 797 ✭✭✭✭

@ricko said:
    @Matt91.... I acquired a great deal of my gold back in the early to mid '90's to early '00's....those were good prices back then.... I still get some, and I doubt we will ever see those old prices again. Cheers, RickO

If a person wishes a good cry, a glance at auction archives for that period will do it, especially on the 'Big Five' St. Gaudens! I still have a few common dates and three $276.00 1 oz 2001 gold eagles purchased from my local dealer 1n 2001,

• Options

@batumi I would do quite well if I had acquired more back in the day save for taxes on the gains. Those were the days.

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

nice gold I like

• Options

Here’s another one of my 1920s.

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

Very very nice gold ‘20 @matt91!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file