Home U.S. Coin Forum

Incredible Bank Heist Deux

Saturdays haul. As I am new to the game my penny collection is incomplete. I was able to add 20 new pennies to my collection and upgrade to very or unc. about 25 more. The Zinc ones are in original roll however rusted some. The uncirculated are in original Fed wrappers. Bad news is the teller informed me this is the last of the guys stash.

A world without coins "Chaos"

Best Answers

Answers

• rmuniakrmuniak Posts: 267 ✭✭✭

Just realized the 1919-1945 wheat is actually 1919 -1930

• SaorAlbaSaorAlba Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭✭✭

I sure "hate" when tellers make me take that stuff! A couple of years ago I bought $30 worth of rolled cents that were rolled in 1964, about 2/3rds of the coins were still wheats and went all the way back to 1910.

Fortunately that is not the greatest hoard story I have. Back in 2014 I bought $500 worth of $5 bills that were turned into the bank by the widow of a man who had passed away in 1948, brown seals, blue seals, green seals, gold seals(North Africa) etc.

In memory of my kitty Seryozha 14.2.1996 ~ 13.9.2016 and Shadow 3.4.2015 - 16.4.21
  • dcarrdcarr Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭✭✭

"1967S" ?
    I don't think so ;)

Nice roll find regardless.

It was a test.. You win all the 1967s pennies I have... sorry I miss marked them...1969s pennies

Do the zinc coins have value even though they have some rust

• JimWJimW Posts: 540 ✭✭✭✭

Check those 69-S for DDO :)

Successful BST Transactions: erwindoc, VTchaser, moursund, robkool, RelicKING, Herb_T, Meltdown

• BStrauss3BStrauss3 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭✭✭

~1c

-----Burton
    ANA 50 year/Life Member (now "Emeritus")
  • PipestonePetePipestonePete Posts: 1,922 ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you post a photo of the 1943 UNC cents?

• JBKJBK Posts: 14,643 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 14, 2019 7:24AM

1943: You will confuse people by calling them zinc. They are usually called steel cents. Since usually regrets to modern copper-coated since cents.

here is a close up of one of the 69s
    it has a sharp raised edge by liberty. Mean anything?

sorry

Sorry again I am new... You are obviously looking for blurrs in the letters or numbers. There does not seem to be any... Just the sharp edge around a portion of the diameter

• HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@rmuniak said:
    Saturdays haul. As I am new to the game my penny collection is incomplete. I was able to add 20 new pennies to my collection and upgrade to very or unc. about 25 more. The Zinc ones are in original roll however rusted some. The uncirculated are in original Fed wrappers. Bad news is the teller informed me this is the last of the guys stash.

Sounds like a good source for your cent collection.

If that ‘69 is an indication you might have quite a few very nice older cents.

• Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,625 ✭✭✭✭✭

That thin edge is finning caused by die pressure forcing metal up in the space between the die and collar. Coneca has it for your reading pleasure. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file