Home Q & A Forum
Options

Questionable NCG coin

I live in So. Ca. and joined this site to educate myself as a result of making a real dumb mistake by buying a PCGS gold buffalo that was fake (both the holder and the coin). I made a police report, reported it to PGCS, and filed a report with craigslist. Also doing my own footwork I found two different posts, one on craigslist and one on e-bay with the same registry number. This is my question: What or who can I contact to investigate this, as it seems nobody thinks it is important. Craigslist post ID# 6829073384 . e-bay posted by conejocoin(3838). ?????? Could this be the same coin? Hope I'm not stepping over any lines.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Ajohn Welcome to the forum.

Please post a pic. Of the slab/coin so we all can be on the watch.

Sounds like you already did a lot. Kudos!

For the bay listing you can report it to the bay.

I would also report this to:

Industry Council for Tangible Assets
    https://www.ictaonline.org/

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

The ebay seller you posted ( conejocoin ) has great feedback with no revisions. Someone could copy the photos and list it anywhere. I would be willing to bet if this ebay seller has it listed they have the coin in hand. Craigslist is full of scams. The fakes you mention are made in China. They will have the same slab number on all of them and most times it is a number copied from a valid slab.

• Options
    giantsfan20giantsfan20 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭✭

The title says NGC?

Care to say how much was paid I assume **less***being craiglist? and research was done as to valueZ.

• Options
    Namvet69Namvet69 Posts: 8,677 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your police detective should serve a court order on the suspects ISP based on the email address used. Police must identify the offender in order to file criminal charges. If it's a felony, they might be able to catch him if the offender is in the US. Peace Roy

BST: endeavor1967, synchr, kliao, Outhaul, Donttellthewife, U1Chicago, ajaan, mCarney1173, SurfinHi, MWallace, Sandman70gt, mustanggt, Pittstate03, Lazybones, Walkerguy21D, coinandcurrency242 , thebigeng, Collectorcoins, JimTyler, USMarine6, Elkevvo, Coll3ctor, Yorkshireman, CUKevin, ranshdow, CoinHunter4, bennybravo, Centsearcher, braddick, Windycity, ZoidMeister, mirabela, JJM, RichURich, Bullsitter, jmski52, LukeMarshall

• Options

thanks everyone for your responses.
    Giantsfan: No I would not LIKE to share how "DUMB" I was by how much $ I threw away. I already had to hear it from my girl, the officer (that didn't even want to take a report) all the way down the line …. ad infinitum. Let us just say I put myself on the "SPOT". I tried to get back to the officer with the new info, but was told to let them do their job. One thing I know for sure from my own life is that not a one of us gets away with anything. My job now is to forgive the guy and let the universe (God) handle it. Again, I thank every one who answered. I think I might just stick to my fruit jar collection.