Home Trading Cards & Memorabilia Forum
Options

Welcome back nam812!

2»

Comments

• Options
    DarinDarin Posts: 6,371 ✭✭✭✭✭

Nick and Matt, thanks I couldn't remember what player was on the baseball card. Ole Chuck Knoblauch huh. :)

• Options
    _EagleEyeKid__EagleEyeKid_ Posts: 273 ✭✭✭
    edited April 6, 2019 3:20PM

@Stone193 said:
    Thanx Bryan - haven't seen Matt around in a few days?

He's busy beautifying people's lawn and he's getting ready to send me stuff to sub.

Edited: Oops, there he is above. Didn't see the post.

• Options

The Chuck thread was simply epic! Did anyone ever get the total mileage of that card?
    Gumbyfan was a good guy. A very nice guy from what I remembered. Loved the sports look-alike thread as well.

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

EagleEyeKid said:
    The Chuck thread was simply epic! Did anyone ever get the total mileage of that card?
    Gumbyfan was a good guy. A very nice guy from what I remembered. Loved the sports look-alike thread as well.

Yeah we need to make a sports look alike part deux

• Options

Part duh!

• Options
    initialDinitialD Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭

EagleEyeKid said:

Yeah Craig was a good guy
    I remember his huge group subs when they were like $4/$5 levels
    Also his blazing Yount RC 9 that he kept reviewing for a 10

• Options
    SOMSOM Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭

Someone has to be the outlier. I am he.

Those four screen names - nam, boopots, cdnuts, lsu - bring back too many feelings of anger, hurt and humiliation. I'll hold off on singing 'Welcome Back, Kotter' until I see the lay of the new landscape.

I sure hope things are different. And if they are, count me in then as part of the welcoming party.

Nick

• Options
    nam812nam812 Posts: 10,542 ✭✭✭✭✭

Sounds like the makings of a thread. Good guys who aren't banned, but don't post anymore. Off the top of my head (and a fast check through old PMs)........

thedutymon
    Barfvader
    gumbyfan
    zef
    calaban7
    Elemenopeo
    leathtech
    goose3

• Options

@SOM said:

Those four screen names - nam, boopots, cdnuts, lsu - bring back too many feelings of anger, hurt and humiliation. I'll hold off on singing 'Welcome Back, Kotter' until I see the lay of the new landscape.

I sure hope things are different. And if they are, count me in then as part of the welcoming party.

Nick

I have a very sharp memory for those I have negatively crossed paths with, and your ID doesn't even move my needle. I am afraid you are mistaken by having my screen name lumped into your 4 man Mount Rushmore.

The only thing I vaguely remember about you, is that you yourself self proclaimed your SOM ID to mean Senile Old Man, which I remember finding humorous at the time. That is the extent of any memory I have of you.

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Always good to see someone who is passionate about collecting.
    Welcome back

• Options
    edited April 6, 2019 6:44PM

@SOM said:

Nick

I had a few minutes to kill, so I went to your profile page and found that you started 179 threads, so I looked at only the ones that encompass the years I was here (beginning March of 2007), and I commented in exactly 3 of them.

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/654367/blocked-bidder-list#latest - Here I answered a question you asked
    https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/727136/anyone-else-notice-a-problem-with-the-new-psa-slabs#latest - **Here I addressed a concern you had

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/769118/talk-about-volatility-good-heavens#latest - Here I commented that Don Spence doesn't get outbid very often

I found none of the anger, hurt or humiliation you mentioned. I'm not saying everyone has to like me, there are many that do not, but before you attack someone's character you should have your facts straight.

• Options

@handyman said:
    Welcome back

If anyone has a right to be angry with me it's you handyman. A long time ago you did something wrong that I got on you about, but then when it was over I never let up. You are a bigger man than me for welcoming me, and for that I will never mention what went on, or Sweden again. You have my word.

• Options
    handymanhandyman Posts: 5,247 ✭✭✭✭✭

Ohh nooooo, Wait this is Nam812 Nam812 Nick!!?? Ehhhhhhhh.

Just kidding missed you man. Seriously good to see honest guys coming back lately.
    Welcome.

• Options
    lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

@handyman
    Derek's good people. I still have that PSA 10 1994 Coke monsters of the gridiron Emmitt you gave me back in 09. Thanks again 10 years later haha

• Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

@SOM said:

Nick

Hiya Nick

I appreciate your honesty and candor.

I neither defend nor condone any behavior here in the past. Current forum rules have drastically changed things here IMO.

I believe our returning friends are here with best of intentions and I hope that will become clear going forward.

I've been here for some time now and I will personally say we need as many "loyal to our hobby" contributors as we can muster.

Many of the people you might be alluding to have a "different" perspective on participating here and most likely in their own lives.

Let's hope this will be a place you would like to frequent and participate.

Mike
  • Options
    Stone193Stone193 Posts: 24,355 ✭✭✭✭✭

@nam812 said:

@handyman said:
    Welcome back

If anyone has a right to be angry with me it's you handyman. A long time ago you did something wrong that I got on you about, but then when it was over I never let up. You are a bigger man than me for welcoming me, and for that I will never mention what went on, or Sweden again. You have my word.

This!

I sure respect your candor Nick.

IMO, moving forward, it sure would be nice if we can put all this stuff in the rear view mirror.

As I said to SOM aka Nick - this is a different place today.

One we can all enjoy and participate in without fear of any kind of reprisal.

Mike
  • Options
    thunderdanthunderdan Posts: 3,036 ✭✭✭

Guy and Lee are still around and in the hobby. Had a beer with them at National.

• Options
    softparadesoftparade Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭✭✭

Wow I remember SOM! He a ‘78 Topps junkie like me!

ISO 1978 Topps Baseball in NM-MT High Grade Raw 3, 100, 103, 302, 347, 376, 416, 466, 481, 487, 509, 534, 540, 554, 579, 580, 622, 642, 673, 724__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________ISO 1978 O-Pee-Chee in NM-MT High Grade Raw12, 21, 29, 38, 49, 65, 69, 73, 74, 81, 95, 100, 104, 110, 115, 122, 132, 133, 135, 140, 142, 151, 153, 155, 160, 161, 167, 168, 172, 179, 181, 196, 200, 204, 210, 224, 231, 240

• Options
    tunahead08tunahead08 Posts: 1,058 ✭✭✭

Welcome back!

• Options
    Downtown1974Downtown1974 Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can’t believe my eyes. Nick is as good as it gets around here. This place just got a lot classier!
    Welcome back my friend.

• Options
    akuracy503akuracy503 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭

Here i'll lighten the mood. Does anyone have any T206 Portraits for sale?

CU Ancient Members badge member.

Collection: https://flickr.com/photos/185200668@N06/albums

• Options

@Downtown1974 said:
    I can’t believe my eyes. Nick is as good as it gets around here. This place just got a lot classier!
    Welcome back my friend.

Very nice of you to say Bob, the feeling is mutual.