$10,000,000 to Stephen A Smith.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 7,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 3, 2019 11:03PM in Sports Talk

Find him hard to listen to on the radio as he is yelling all the time.

Amy Lawrence has a much better delivery.

Andrew Marchand of the New York Post reported ESPN personality Stephen A. Smith is "in line" for a contract extension that could pay him $10 million per year. That would make him ESPN's highest-paid employee and give him the largest known salary of any personality in sports media.

Smith, 51, is in his second tenure at ESPN and rejoined the company on a full-time basis in 2012. Once the foil to Skip Bayless on First Take, Smith remained the co-star of the show following Bayless' departure in 2016 and helped take it to new ratings heights with Max Kellerman.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 18,240 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually like Stephen A Smith. He earned my respect when he blasted Kap, at that time I realized he was impartial and he says it how it is. The yelling doesn’t bother me that much

• craig44craig44 Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭✭

I just cant listen to him. all the yelling gets old. I just turn off the radio in the afternoon

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 18,575 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can handle him in very very small doses

m

Walker Proof Digital Album

Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 18,526 ✭✭✭✭✭

No announcer is worth that, but if someone is willing to him that........

All Dimes All Varieties

Coins for sale

Canadian Dimes Set

Washington Quarters All Varieties 32-64

>RIP -image Rebecca 2004-2018...If love could have saved you - you would have lived forever<
  • stevekstevek Posts: 21,561 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope they're not dependent on me for their ratings to help pay his salary. :D

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭

I like him, and the other big names not so much.

• keetskeets Posts: 20,608 ✭✭✭✭✭

like Mark said, small doses. he's OK in the 1-2 minute length that ESPN lets me watch, I doubt I could tolerate his style for an entire show or segment between commercials.

• JRR300JRR300 Posts: 217 ✭✭✭

Can't stand him. To me it seems like he is always talking down to people.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 7,084 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like that he is basically a troll

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was never a big fan of his, but became more of one after he started his current radio show. I actually think that by himself he is much more genuine and listenable for some reason.

• breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭

Small doses sounds about right -- I certainly like him more than Bayless or Cowherd. Like a lot of sports personalities, Stephen A. knows a lot about one sport (NBA) and doesn't let that stop him from talking about sports he doesn't know much about (boxing, football).

"It's a beautiful world.
    So hold me tight. I had to fight
    Every day of my life. It's a beautiful world."
    Mudcrutch.
  • lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,178 ✭✭✭

Not sure why but he has always reminded me of one of those talking fish from SpongeBob.