Home Sports Talk

$10,000,000 to Stephen A Smith.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited April 3, 2019 11:03PM in Sports Talk

Find him hard to listen to on the radio as he is yelling all the time.

Amy Lawrence has a much better delivery.

Andrew Marchand of the New York Post reported ESPN personality Stephen A. Smith is "in line" for a contract extension that could pay him $10 million per year. That would make him ESPN's highest-paid employee and give him the largest known salary of any personality in sports media.

Smith, 51, is in his second tenure at ESPN and rejoined the company on a full-time basis in 2012. Once the foil to Skip Bayless on First Take, Smith remained the co-star of the show following Bayless' departure in 2016 and helped take it to new ratings heights with Max Kellerman.

Comments

• perkdogperkdog Posts: 29,339 ✭✭✭✭✭

I actually like Stephen A Smith. He earned my respect when he blasted Kap, at that time I realized he was impartial and he says it how it is. The yelling doesn’t bother me that much

• craig44craig44 Posts: 10,384 ✭✭✭✭✭

I just cant listen to him. all the yelling gets old. I just turn off the radio in the afternoon

George Brett, Bobby Orr and Terry Bradshaw.

• JustacommemanJustacommeman Posts: 22,847 ✭✭✭✭✭

I can handle him in very very small doses

m

Walker Proof Digital Album
    Fellas, leave the tight pants to the ladies. If I can count the coins in your pockets you better use them to call a tailor. Stay thirsty my friends......
  • DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

No announcer is worth that, but if someone is willing to him that........

• stevekstevek Posts: 27,571 ✭✭✭✭✭

I hope they're not dependent on me for their ratings to help pay his salary. :D

• hammer1hammer1 Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like him, and the other big names not so much.

• keetskeets Posts: 25,351 ✭✭✭✭✭

like Mark said, small doses. he's OK in the 1-2 minute length that ESPN lets me watch, I doubt I could tolerate his style for an entire show or segment between commercials.

• JRR300JRR300 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭✭

Can't stand him. To me it seems like he is always talking down to people.

• bronco2078bronco2078 Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭✭✭

I like that he is basically a troll

• thisistheshowthisistheshow Posts: 9,386 ✭✭✭✭✭

I was never a big fan of his, but became more of one after he started his current radio show. I actually think that by himself he is much more genuine and listenable for some reason.

• breakdownbreakdown Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭✭✭

Small doses sounds about right -- I certainly like him more than Bayless or Cowherd. Like a lot of sports personalities, Stephen A. knows a lot about one sport (NBA) and doesn't let that stop him from talking about sports he doesn't know much about (boxing, football).

"Look up, old boy, and see what you get." -William Bonney.

• lawnmowermanlawnmowerman Posts: 19,477 ✭✭✭✭

Not sure why but he has always reminded me of one of those talking fish from SpongeBob.