Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

Show Repot Willimantic Ct

ScarsdaleCoinScarsdaleCoin Posts: 5,187 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited March 31, 2019 3:34PM in U.S. Coin Forum

After a ANA we continued our travels to set up for the once a year Club Show in Willimantic CT. This is way up think New England about. 3 hour trip for us NYers

Set up was early 6am and the show is still going strong late into the afternoon

6am volunteers

The plus of the show is the enthusiasm from club members and great turnout plus a lot of material that we don’t see ever week. For example two dealers actually had prison money. I can’t think of the last show where I saw even 1 dealer with that.

Drawback is the trip to get here and that parking is a bit limited. Still worth the effort especially if your within the area

Lot of NEWPS from this show and a few pics posted of the interesting characters walking around See for yourself. Til next time. happy trails

Jon Lerner - Scarsdale Coin - www.CoinHelp.com

Comments

• Options
    johnny9434johnny9434 Posts: 27,505 ✭✭✭✭✭

Cool do you do the Hartford as well?

• Options
    RogerBRogerB Posts: 8,852 ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you go to the show in Wontagothere, RI ?

• Options
    edited March 31, 2019 3:30PM

Late afternoon

• Options
    WhitWhit Posts: 316 ✭✭✭

The Willimantic show in CT was well-attended as usual, though I was missing certain of the elder dealers who of late have called it quits. I saw some gorgeous toned Franklins in PCGS 66 holders, as well as a stunningly lustrous 24-D SLQ in 65 and a run of MS-66+ Morgans ... all PCGS. Disappearing from dealers' tables (at all shows I attend) are the 3-ring binders of uncirculated coins of my youth ... roughly mid-century Lincolns, Jeffersons, Roosevelts, Franklins. Since the pre-TPG years of the mid 1980s, I've had a lot of fun pulling gems from those folders at barely any expense, but not surprisingly most are gone. I still need a 34-D Lincoln in full red gem, a coin that will not come raw, I'm sure.

I'm not too interested in searching though post 1964 coins, and I wonder if there are others out there withing spitting distance of Medicare who are left rather cold by clad coinage.

Whit

Whit
  • Options

@RogerB said:
    Do you go to the show in Wontagothere, RI ?

@johnny9434 said:
    Cool do you do the Hartford as well?

Please check our show schedule on our website. No on RI show. Sometimes Hartford. We will be at the Manchester show in a few weeks

• Options
    goldengolden Posts: 9,054 ✭✭✭✭✭

Looks like a nice little show.

• Options
    StaircoinsStaircoins Posts: 2,565 ✭✭✭

Miss that show. Used to drive down for it and it was always worth the trip from here in Maine. Was always a good rag-picking show if I recall.

Thanks for the report.

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the report and the 'interesting character' pictures... that is a feature I have not seen on any other show reports..... :D:D Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file