Home Sports Talk
Options

Did the refs "help" Duke in the last two games.

CoinstartledCoinstartled Posts: 10,135 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seems that Zion enjoys special rules.

Comments

• Options
    1951WheatiesPremium1951WheatiesPremium Posts: 6,244 ✭✭✭✭✭

A guy I grew up with refs NCAA basketball. He doesn’t tell many people and it’s a second career for him after police. He’s excellent; really does a great job.

Having asked him specifically if he or anyone plays favorites, (as I do my best to paraphrase) he said ‘I don’t, it’s possible some do. But ultimately, it’s up to the guys within each crew to police themselves and work together. Good crews get more games and more money so it is worth it for most guys to focus on doing a sound unbiased jobs since performances are graded and questions are asked. And in some cases, crews will be quietly swapped out before a game &randomly’ though it could be that it’s also if impropriety is suspected.’

Good man and a guy I respect.

Curious about the rare, mysterious and beautiful 1951 Wheaties Premium Photos?

https://forums.collectors.com/discussion/987963/1951-wheaties-premium-photos-set-registry#latest

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

They were both close games and Duke was lucky to escape them both with a win. I watched both games and the refs had nothing to do with the outcome.

• Options
    TabeTabe Posts: 5,927 ✭✭✭✭✭

Didn't see enough of the last two games to say but... without question, Duke gets a lot of help in general.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    They were both close games and Duke was lucky to escape them both with a win. I watched both games and the refs had nothing to do with the outcome.

Look at this, Dime.

https://youtu.be/8tJGEemXZlc

• Options
    DIMEMANDIMEMAN Posts: 22,403 ✭✭✭✭✭

That play happens all the time and can go either way. It was not a game changer.

• Options

@DIMEMAN said:
    That play happens all the time and can go either way. It was not a game changer.

On a close game it is.