Home U.S. Coin Forum
Options

1985 D lmc Ear Error

This one stands out like a sore thumb no loupe needed any input on this one would be helpful thanks

Comments

• Options
    HemisphericalHemispherical Posts: 9,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited March 30, 2019 5:59AM

@Bigcrypto said:

This one stands out like a sore thumb no loupe needed any input on this one would be helpful thanks

What is going on with the MM?

• Options
    AUandAGAUandAG Posts: 24,543 ✭✭✭✭✭

What do you think happened at the mint to produce this cent this way?

What kind of error might it be?

Is it an error?

bob :)

Registry: CC lowballs (boblindstrom), bobinvegas1989@yahoo.com
  • Options

Thats a good question bob lincolns ear is the only place toneing is taking place and the mint mark looks iffy. This one i am going to send in and have checked by the pros. My thought was the master die was chipped or it was a bad die design error and then there is zinc rott but there is no holes just a really wierd ear with rainbow color

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

" and then there is zinc rott but there is no holes just a really wierd ear "

You answered your own question. Zinc rot can do all sorts of strange looking things.

Sorry, I don't think I would send it anywhere if it were mine.

• Options
    ifthevamzarockinifthevamzarockin Posts: 8,498 ✭✭✭✭✭

Your close-ups are close enough, you don't need something with more magnification. If anything you could zoom out a little to try to get a clearer image.

• Options

1985 d Thanks on the photo advice i am going to try that in the morning thank you all for your responses

• Options
    DCWDCW Posts: 6,977 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes, nothing to see here. This one is just rot

Dead Cat Waltz Exonumia
    "Coin collecting for outcasts..."

• Options
    rickoricko Posts: 98,724 ✭✭✭✭✭

@Bigcrypto...Welcome aboard.... Your cent appears to be damaged... not at the mint...not sure about the MM, but it could also be damage... better pictures will help. Cheers, RickO

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file